1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work [cl
I really like what you've gone, your updates make my day. [;)

Gota love those cheep rotisseries

a1e4a474-09f0-4bb0-8b41-6c1ddef326a5_zps14b1c358.jpg

Rot

Removing the leaf spring hangers and this shows up.

rotframerepair001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The other side isn't as bad, but will still need to be repaired.

rotframerepair004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Makes you wonder what was holding this car up.

rotframerepair005.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thought it might be a good idea to support it while the repair was made.

rotframerepair007.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welded

rotframerepair008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished

rotframerepair009.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Frame

Here's a couple pics of the repair under the other spring hanger. All the pieces were coated with weld through primer on the inside.

rot116001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rot116002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Straightening the crossmember started with a torch, hammer and dolly. The clamps pulled the hot metal the rest of the way.

rot116003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rot116004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Have a guy coming Monday to dry ice blast the frame, inner fenders and whatever else I can afford - maybe the drip rail and roof.

Here's a couple pics of the repair under the other spring hanger. All the pieces were coated with weld through primer on the inside.

Straightening the crossmember started with a torch, hammer and dolly. The clamps pulled the hot metal the rest of the way.

Have a guy coming Monday to dry ice blast the frame, inner fenders and whatever else I can afford - maybe the drip rail and roof.

What U talking bout Willis? I've never heard of dry ice blasting. Tell me more please.

What U talking bout Willis? I've never heard of dry ice blasting. Tell me more please.
I'm interested as well.
I have heard of it but have never seen it done. I followed a build thread of a guy over in Europe that was restoring an old survivor custom and he had the inside dry ice blasted to clean out all the old tar and body undercoating that had been put in for sound dead'ner.
Torchie.

Interesting. Never thought about the clean up aspect of dry ice.
The guy overseas that used it said that it was the only process that he knew of that would clean up old Roofing tar type undercoating.
Torchie.

Rust Protection.

Do you use rust protection inside your frame after your repairs ?

Attachments

• RUSTENCAP.JPG
    RUSTENCAP.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 8
Do you use rust protection inside your frame after your repairs ?

I am trying to figure out how to do that. The inside of the frame was pretty full of dirt. I scraped and vacuumed out what I could. I won't be able to get all the dirt or any loose rust off the inside so any kind of rust converter won't do much.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back