Aurburn Speedster Rat ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

I want to rat one of these--Maybe a DD.. (flat black-red wires-injin blanket seat covers--fake rust :) ) Lifes fun..

I think saw a project/kit on Ebay a while back for about $10K, but the company won't respond to my price/info requests.

Anyone know where I could see a body kit for about that price range. ??

Thanks

PA41

Attachments

• !Bf+ZBmQBGk~$(KGrHqQOKj4EsDLg)qyOBLDc(e2eRQ~~_35.jpg
    !Bf+ZBmQBGk~$(KGrHqQOKj4EsDLg)qyOBLDc(e2eRQ~~_35.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 60
I saw one of these cruising around a few months ago. Big suckers! I think they are built on town car / crown vic platforms.

Yeah--I know a guy that has a newer Crown Vic cop car with a mod motor, that I think would work well with one of those bodies as a DD Rat.

These folks remind me of Cobra guys--They Think these cars are REAL!! They Want a fortune for a driver--$50K or more!!

I'm thinking $10K for the body--$2K for the donor--$14K for a Rattified Auburn speedster..

Gonna need to sell 'Rusty' though if it happens..

$6K-- Fer Sail.... :)

PA41

Attachments

• work 309.jpg
    work 309.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 45
I don't think it's too big. Especially with the lines of a Auburn. I think it would rock. I've imagined about doing it too. Notice I said imagined? Any of those early 30's luxury cars would be cool. Packard, Duesenburg, Cadillac, etc...

It's all just a matter of money and imagination. Here's a company that sells one version of a kit in the price range your talking about.

http://www.decorides.com/foosebt.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for that link-I've seen it, just couldn't relocate it.

As far as the fenders--without them it's just another roadster. In fact, you could put that fender layout on a customized 26 T roadster, and almost have the same thing.

I'm seriously considering buying 4 of these Ebay fenders and sticking them on my 33 Dodge PU and fabbing up a boat tail for it to try and get the feel of the speedster instead of starting another project. I did a 'Make an Offer' for $500 for a pair--but got an automatic reject on it, so kinda hate to offer more. That was more N I wanted to pay anyhow. Speedway sells some reasonable FGlass similar stuff.

Most of my cars are ongoing--theres some process in them that has no controll. Often quite a few 'wrong turns' that eventually lead to a better place. I was taking the long hood styling on the 33 from the Auburn anyway.

Maybe fendering/boat tailing the 33 Dodge pu might lead to something??

PA41

Attachments

• !BbSfovQBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CkEquVK52J+BKvS62IL)w~~_35.jpg
    !BbSfovQBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CkEquVK52J+BKvS62IL)w~~_35.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 9
  • !BbSfn8g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLlwLjKBKvS6zG0CQ~~_35.jpg
    !BbSfn8g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLlwLjKBKvS6zG0CQ~~_35.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
If the guy still as it I might know where 1 is but its not a roadster still has a top
made from a buick or some GM car but same fenders and all. If your interested let me now ill make some calls, it was for sale cheap from what i remember.

If the guy still as it I might know where 1 is but its not a roadster still has a top
made from a buick or some GM car but same fenders and all. If your interested let me now ill make some calls, it was for sale cheap from what i remember.

I'm always interested in about ANY car--If its not too much trouble. If nothing else it'd be an interesting tale about what the builder did and why.

Thanks for the offer.

PA41

I don't think it's too big. Especially with the lines of a Auburn. I think it would rock. I've imagined about doing it too. Notice I said imagined? Any of those early 30's luxury cars would be cool. Packard, Duesenburg, Cadillac, etc...

It's all just a matter of money and imagination. Here's a company that sells one version of a kit in the price range your talking about.

http://www.decorides.com/foosebt.htm

Thanks for the link, T1. That was about an hour's interesting reading, right there![P:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

I think you got a cool idea going with a one-off custom instead of a full kit. Add to what you have and make it work... that's what it's about right.

I think I saw a thread on here or KB with some boat tail blueprints.

Latest posts

Back