JB's 1927 Dodge Brothers build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think I'll need a panhard bar on the front. The quarter ellips are less than 24" long and the WHOLE pack would have to bend sideways for the axle to move. If I end up needing one, It will be easy enough to add later...

I ordered my exhaust cones Wednesday (30" long.... 1-5/8" to 4") They should be here for the weekend!!!! If I'm feeling up to it (sinus infection), I'll be in the shop building some lake style headers!!! And hopefully firing the beast up! :0)

Thanks chuckles! It's almost ready to fire, but not quite. I ran out of steam after 20-25 hours on the headers... lol

I started the weekend out with these...
A new pair of Speedway cones.
cones.jpg

And a pair of slightly used Mopar B-Body headers. I cut the flanges off and used the pieces of the primary tubes to make the new primaries...
almostreadytofire_001.JPG

A lot of careful guesstimation told me where the holes needed to be, so I cut them out with a holesaw...
almostreadytofire_003.JPG

Here's where I got im my groove and quit taking pictures...
during.jpg

A finished pic or three...
almostreadytofire_007.JPG

almostreadytofire_006.JPG

almostreadytofire_009.JPG

This evening, I made a temporary oil pressure gauge/ign. switch panel, mounted the ignition box and called it a night...
almostreadytofire_008.JPG

I should be able to get it fired up sometime this week... I'll take a video, but I'm not sure how to post it yet...

Until next time, JB

Okay, I woke up early today and had enough time before work to play in the shop...

The big block is ALIVE!!!!
rod.jpg

I had never heard it run and bought it on a guy's word that it ran well.... Well, It does! It runs FANTASTIC! It runs soo well that I can't see doing a rebuild on it... NO smoke, NO unusual noise! I'm going to tear it down and clean it up, replace all gaskets, slide in a big(er) cam and run it!

I have a video on my phone, but not sure how to put it on here yet...

Thanks Dirtyrat!

More progress!!!

I decided that I'll be using the top section of the hood (after I add 12" to it... lol), so I had to lower the front crossmember about 3". (The hood would have ran "uphill" towards the front of the car) I made a new crossmember, but forgot to take a pic of it.... I'll try to get one next time I have the radiator/ shell off.

Anyhoo, here's the old crossmember coming out.
frame.jpg

And the modified shell...
shell.jpg

All mounted up...
shell2.jpg

shell3.jpg

shell5.jpg

I cut about 1/4" too much off of the shell and it was rubbing the top of the radiator... So, I made the mounts out of 1/4" plate and have clearance now! :)
shell6.jpg

Looking good. I really like the low ride!!! Looking forward....
>
Here's a rendering I thought might be cool w/ mine? But ,I'm liking where your'e going..
whataya think.?

Attachments

• user649_pic3510_1292050182 my 27.jpg
    user649_pic3510_1292050182 my 27.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 35
  • user649_pic3599_1293922847 my 27 rendering.jpg
    user649_pic3599_1293922847 my 27 rendering.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Chuckles, I really like the pickup idea! If it weren't for wanting room for a cooler and the kids, I'd probably be converting this to a pick-em-up.... :0)

wayback, Evil limo look.... :)

I have decided on a 3" chop, and I may be doing that this weekend. I'm waiting on another cash injection for the fuel cell and a few other high $ pieces, so I might as well do something that is cheap... lol

I got a LOT done this weekend!

Started with the bracing for the big chop...
chop2.jpg

Working by yourself, you come up with the craziest ideas to get the job done... With a couple 2x's, a ratchet strap and the chain hoist, I was able to lift and support the top so I could finish cutting....
chop1.jpg

Here it is... Heavily tacked and ready for finish welding/grinding...
chop4.jpg

Aired out...
chop7.jpg

chop6.jpg

chop3.jpg

chop9.jpg

A little height perspective... (I'm 6'1")
chopd.jpg

I also made and welded the roof support crossbars (1"x1" square tube) and I'm ready to finish framing out the floor and transmission/ driveshaft tunnel. That's all for now, JB

4 door 127 dodge

this weekend 1/22/12 i picked car up like the one you have . just a body and doors nothing else. i need left rear door , do you know where any parts are for same. going to rat rod. build frame 9' ford 4 link do not know which front end yet, have a nice 500 cad 400 trans leave roof alone will probably channel it, and it has be low. if you run across any parts or know where i might find a dooer let me know good luck on your project. robertbandit mangum ok.

Latest posts

Back