Ok, either my cheese is sliding off my cracker, or the heat is getting to me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
My wife is big on all the ghost show, me yea right, as if. But for the last week and a half some strange things have been going on. Sometimes I'll start welding and the welder is spitting so I look at the welder, wrong settings, so move them back. Go back to welding after a while same problem. The same thing keeps happening with my hood, My auto dark keeps turning to the off position. At first I just wrote it off as I would bump into things and change setting or hit the hood on thing and shut it off.

About the same time all this started me and the wife were watching tv at about 1:30 A.M and I hear a ice cream truck going down the street, I had to make sure I wasn't losing my mind so I asked my wife if she was hearing something, when she said she just heard a ice cream truck we looked at each other looked out the window and there was nothing. This is happening a lot between 1:00 and 3:00 in the morning.

Also my wife keeps hearing metal being moved around out in front around or maybe in my garage, I keep having to track down tools that I know I set down one place and they end up in another. I have been telling myself I'm just getting forgetful about where I set things down and thats all it is.

And lately I keep thinking I see something out of the corner of my eye like a 3' to 4' kid peeking around stuff, ok my blood pressure on the fritz again must be it. But this afternoon I was sweeping up the garage and I know for sure one of my grandkids snuck out the back door to come and visit me in the garage. I was looking down at the floor and in the top of my vision I saw a little kid step around the corner for a second, turn around and head back to the house. I set the broom down and headed out the garage to see what kid was out running around and nothing, went in the house kids are in on of the bedrooms playing.

I have come to the conclusion I have totally lost my mind. [S

I don't believe in ghosts
But I have to admit there is a little voice in the back of my head that says
Pssst hey Billy WHAT IF?

Calling Earthman... Earthman to the BS Lounge, please...

Could it be "Colorado Ice Cream"? (Quit that stuff before you turn into a lizard.)
cheech%20and%20chong%20nice_dreams.jpg

Seriously, I had a similar experience a number of years back...

attachment.php

Shortly after I lost a good friend, I saw and heard things I could not explain. The most convincing was a small child sitting by my garage door. The child turned and looked at me... my knees went weak... the child looked like a 2 year-old version of my departed friend. :eek: I gave my head a shake and when I looked back, the child was gone... into thin air.

Ghost? Maybe. Losing my faculties? Probable.

The mind does strange things when you're tired, stressed and overworked. That doesn't explain your wife's accounts, however. I believe it's possible.

Next?

Attachments

• doctor.jpg
    doctor.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Lots of that stuff goes on if you get to talking to others. The Bullock hotel in Deadwood is well know as "haunted" I talked to one gal who has worked there 14 years and she's had more things happen than she can count. Doors open and close, lights turn them selves off and on, getting tapped on the shoulder and nobody's there.
Sis has the same stuff going on in the old ranch house, nobody will stay in it anymore. I have no explanation.

You are going to get a lot of ribbing when you tell people those things, but it is entirely possible you are having something weird going on like you suspect. Things like this do happen and if you start talking to people you will find more than one has experienced things they can't explain.

For the past year or so I have been laying in bed at night, trying to fall asleep, when I feel a distinct "thump" on the bed as if a cat has jumped up on it. The first few times I thought maybe I had moved and did it myself, but it is sometimes so obvious that I turn on the light to see if one of our 3 cats has snuck into my room, but my bedroom door is closed tight. One night I actually got up and went into the living room and all 3 were asleep on various places in the room.

I posted that on another non car forum and a lady came on and said "Thank you, I thought I was going nuts." She said she has the same thing happen and sometimes can feel a cat lay down against the back of her legs.

I know it sounds goofy, but there is no mistaking when it happens. If you have ever had a cat jump on the couch or bed when you are sitting or laying on it you know what it feels like. One night I had my hand hanging over the side of the bed and something grabbed my fingers and pulled really hard on them, like a cat would do if it were playing........it woke me up from a sound sleep and again, I went into the living room and the cats were locked out of my bedroom for the night. :eek:

You hesitate to tell people stories like this because they look at you as if you are ready for the home, but I know what I feel when this happens and it has probably happened 6 times so far. I am just thinking it is one of the 4 cats we lost to old age, probably Scooter, coming back to visit me. She was always wanting to be on the couch with me. :)

Don

Somehow Dr. C. knows i love this stuff :rolleyes:. It is common for over the road truckdrivers to be awakened late at night from knocking on the side of their sleepers by lot lizards and/or drug dealers. They will always be standing outside the door waiting for a response. But many times anywhere in the country i would be awakened by VERY hard loud knocking on the side of the sleeper only to jump up and find no one around.
Not even tracks in the snow.

My wife has an angel figurine that was on her mom's casket. It now sits on our dresser. About every third day we wake up and it has turned itself from looking at our bed to looking out the window. Kinda creepy

Attachments

• angel.jpg
    angel.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
OK guys.....quick story...

Ghosts / paranormal.....exsists.....my parents divorced when I was 13....mom couldn't afford the house....moved to a rental in Mt. Clemens...from the day we moved in there was stuff happening....my room upstairs..pull chain light..so I put the bed under the light....attached room..used for storage....door to room closed.....went to bed...turned off lights and I heard door open....turned on light....got up closed door....layed down turned off light...heard door open....closed door and slid end table against it....turned off light.....went to sleep...woke up...door open, table moved....put dresser there next night....woke up....door open dresser moved out of the way....this went on like a game for over a year....no matter what I did, the door would be open and the stuff moved....hated my mom and my sister but liked me...was very comfortable in the house....it would try to push my mom down the stairs, walk around when my sister was alone and scare the bagebee's out of her....me.....it was almost like a guardian....or that is how I felt...could make stuff jump out of the sink, slam doors and walk up and down the stairs to the basement.....never anyone there....just the footsteps.....true story....

I've told this story before. When we lived in Pennsylvania our house was close to the ones next door to it. Our next door neighbor shot and killed his wife in the one bedroom, then took his own life. The house was empty for about a year or so and we would occasionally see a dim light on at night in that bedroom. I was talking to the owner of the property one day when he was there mowing the lawn and mentioned the light. He said "That's impossible, there hasn't been power turned on there since they died !" :eek:

We never really felt comfortable until the day we moved.

Don

Dr C if that's the icecream truck I'm hearing I may start back up on the Colorado Ice Cream. At least the pink elephants and little green men would stick around awhile and provide entertainment.

Don it is a little weird you mention the pumping, my wife was reading this and said she has had the same feeling.

Czech no history on the house, built in 59 I'm the third owner so nothing to really speak of. been here 9 years nothing till recently.

I'm with billy, other than the voices in my head I'm not a believer. But I know I saw a kid, can't explain it or make sense of it, and thats the part that twisted my thinking even more.

Dr C I'll send you a nickel in the mail: Losing my faculties? Probable.

The mind does strange things when you're tired, stressed and overworked. That doesn't explain your wife's accounts, however. I believe it's possible.

My faculties have not been up to par lately.

Last edited:
I don't believe in ghosts
But I have to admit there is a little voice in the back of my head that says
Pssst hey Billy WHAT IF?

Reminds me of a song I wrote Billy...

Have you ever flicked a booger at a cop
Have you ever started to and heard a voice say stop
But could you listen
See that finger glisten
Them bad Ideas will get you in a mess
Like a ketchup popsickle and a bright white dress
I've had my share I must confess
have you ever
flicked a booger
at a cop

HUH???????

Reminds me of a song I wrote Billy...

Have you ever flicked a booger at a cop
Have you ever started to and heard a voice say stop
But could you listen
See that finger glisten
Them bad Ideas will get you in a mess
Like a ketchup popsickle and a bright white dress
I've had my share I must confess
have you ever
flicked a booger
at a cop

OK...sung to the tune of what??? 30 days in the Hole??

Creepy stuff! I've never had anything happen to me but my 2 of my wife's sisters swear they were haunted by a man when they were kids. They shared a room and they would wake up to a man sitting/laying on top of them in thier bed. He would bother one sister for awhile and then switch to the other. It stopped when they moved houses.

My house is 90 yrs old so I have to wonder if anyone died it in (probably). If anything like this happens there, we will have to move (immediately!) as my wife would probably never sleep there again.

:eek:

My house is over 150 years old, and was moved about 15 miles to it's current spot to replace a house that had burned. It was totally remodeled with new siding and a new roof from the ceilings up. That being said, we have always had strange things go on here. Things getting moved, disappearing to reappear later in another spot. Several times we have awakened to see shadowy figures standing in a door way or in a room, most looked to be dressed mid 1800's style. We have been sitting in the kitchen at night and seen a strange light dart across the back yard. Friends have seen it, too. Never have figured it out when we have tried. Never have any of the sightings tried to contact us or bother us.

A famous one is just up the road from me. It is known nationwide to truckers and others who have traveled AL Hwy 5 from Jasper to Natural Bridge, going through Lynn. On the side of the road is the old Winston county drag strip, now shut down. For years, it was the place to be on Saturday nights. People came from miles around to race and watch. One Sat night in the 50's or 60's, I've heard both dates, a low fog crept in. As folks were leaving, a young teen age girl stepped out in the road,and was ran over by a truck. On misty rainy and foggy nights, she looks for the person who ran over her. I have been through there on such a night, and while I can't say for sure that I saw her, I can say I saw something looking in the window. I was at the old Natural bridge truck stop one night and a older black trucker came in, almost white with fear. He recounted a girl standing on his fuel tank step, looking in. When he was told the story, he about passed out! Many folks have seen this, and many of them had never heard the supposed story before. All of them always say it's a teen age girl, looking in the window.

There are many things we mere humans don't understand.

I just got in bed for the night and turned over to go to sleep. Suddenly I felt a solid push on my back and I almost jumped out of my skin !!! Turns out Chewy had snuck into my room when I went to the bathroom. :D:D And here I thought I was experiencing the jumping on the bed thing again.

Gave me a real laugh but scared the Bejesus out of me at the same time. [cl

Don

I just got in bed for the night and turned over to go to sleep. Suddenly I felt a solid push on my back and I almost jumped out of my skin !!! Turns out Chewy had snuck into my room when I went to the bathroom. :D:D And here I thought I was experiencing the jumping on the bed thing again.

Gave me a real laugh but scared the Bejesus out of me at the same time. [cl

Don

LOL! Reading too many ghost stories [cl

Latest posts

Back