Pinks all out ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Murphy

Just tried to watch the latest Pinks episode, I lasted about 10 minuets before I had to delete it from my TiVo...:mad:

The show has gone from a grass roots racing event to the usual high end TV production extravaganza with all the trick camera work, editing, a crap load of "up close and personal" interviews and more drama that anyone can stand.

Its off my list, or at least until that start figure 8 racing with politicians driving go-carts...[cl

I tried watching pinks but After years of drag racing my own cars I just don't get anything out of watching unless I know one or more of the racers. Imo ..drag racing is not a spectator sport unless the announcer is knowledgeable and articulate...

I think it is "Pinks All Done" now. What was a good grass roots TV show when it started is now turned into the "Rich Christianson look at me Hour". Like you said it is all blah, blah, blah, drama, I'm great BS.

Pass-time seems to be OK. At least the cars & drivers are real and I like to guess the ET( usually pretty damn close too, I need to get on that show!!!;)). I know what you mean about pinks, turned to more drama than racing.

We went to Pinks All Out at Bristol a few weeks back. Great side by side drag racing at the track. My sister in law runs a little 66 Nova that runs 10.43 run after run after run. That day the cut off was 10.41 so she did not get on Pinks All Out. However they did interview her and said they will use the footage when it airs the day after Thanksgiving.
So she gets back home and on Tuesday after the race the phone rings and its the TV producer. They wanted her to run her car for Pass Time. So they loaded up and towed 600 miles to make one pass and a quick track side interview. Spent 2 nights at a motel then towed back 600 miles and got a thanks for coming. They thought surely they would pay for the motel and the food, but no deal.
fuzzpinks-1.jpg

This is where I have to chime in. Pass Time. I love the concept but hate how they do it. Your telling me the two other guys on the show can't keep their $200??? How freaking cheap are they???!!! $2000 and in the end one guy guts it all, and it's usually the house. Now I here this. Some cool broad tows all the way out & they can't even cover her hotel.

Latest posts

Back