The official T bucket truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what did you decide on the hood? After seeing a better picture with the air cleaner, I think I like it with the hood...or maybe not...I guess you could do it either way depending on how you felt that particular day. Sure looking good either way!

I think I'm gonna build both sides using 3/8" steel rod , then form the steel to fit. The bottom lip of both sides will have some angle iron for rigidity. I think to heck with it , I'm gonna go for it. hehehe

Thought I would update you guys on my build. I had to roll her outside the shop and throw a tarp over my baby. All of the sudden I have a shop full of bike tins to custom paint. That's a good thing, but it has put a hault on my project for now. I am doing little things to keep her moving forward, and only need brakes, drive shaft, and to sire her up. Then it will be go time! [ddev

The guys on here build such awesome vehicles that i cant wait to get in the garage and do something creative.

Hey everyone!! Got the bucket project back in the shop , and will be working on her very soon. Life has gottne in the way recently, but I'm back on the project now. Been shooting alot of paint , but on other peoples stuff. Hope to be driving my project by April. Hope everyone is well.

Enjoyed reading this entire thread. Great look'n ride. Lots of outadebox thinking. I think you've inspired lots of the gearheadz here. Me included.....
Thankx for sharing...[cl

Well guys, I feel terrible. Just got back on my project. making some changes and will be getting the drive shaft done this week. Good to be back .

Got the rear brakes assembled today. Getting close . Decided to use steelies instead of the wire wheels. I weighed everything and decided to use the steelies. Should be starting the wiring tis week. I need to have my drive shaft built and run my brake lines along the frame.

Some new photos

Attachments

• IMAG0828.jpg
    IMAG0828.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 108
I don't know, man, I trust your judgement but those wire wheels sure look sweet on that thing.

Yes, I know. I have really been flip flopping over the wheels. I rolled it outside and looked again yesterday. I think they may have to stay on. The wheelbase is right at 120" , but the car looks so darn long. I think it may be because it is so lw to the ground. Going to get a couple of pieces of drive shaft some time this week ,and will be taking it down to the driveline shop to be made. I have a Ford OD auto ,with a 70 Chevy rear end. I should have her ready to roll out the drive way for a test run by the end of the month.

cool, and I agree, keep the wire wheels..they look perfect on your ride..we want video when you go for a ride:D:D

Here's my vote for the wires... I just went through your thread and you started out saying a 160" wheel base and now you're thinking the 120" wheel base looks long... I think it looks pretty good, nice work.

Latest posts

Back