The official T bucket truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the detail pix. Love to see originality! If this were a street rod that would be a Gennie shifter exactly like everyone elses.

Thanks. Ford made the T bucket , so I have to make other stuff original to me. Like I said, I could have thrown some cash at a real fine shifting mechenism, but that's not what I wanted. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay someone to build this . hahaha

More photos

Well, I did get to patially finish my new shifter. Below you can see the photos. I installed a spring loaded pin so I can make sure it is where it needs to be ,even on bumpy roads. The rod holders are made from the original shackles that came with the buggy. I will wait until I know where the holes need to be once I get the lower linkage made. Hope you like it.
IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

Cool idea for the shifter. I've often toyed with the idea of making my own.

Are you going to put an extra lip or ridge on the lock ring, where you shift from neutral to reverse, just in case you hit a bump while shifting and go through 3rd to reverse? :eek:

Just something that requires a bit more squeeze on the lever to get past, would be good.

Good to see you still at it. I read this thread a while back and then lost it. Really want to see this one get going.

-Johnson

Cool idea for the shifter. I've often toyed with the idea of making my own.

Are you going to put an extra lip or ridge on the lock ring, where you shift from neutral to reverse, just in case you hit a bump while shifting and go through 3rd to reverse? :eek:

Just something that requires a bit more squeeze on the lever to get past, would be good.

There's gonna be a pin that locks the shifer in position,and would need to shear a 3/8" steel rod to get to reverse if I hit a bump. I did get the body painted this week, and I'm getting really excited about getting it back together.I will be doing a red and black checkered flag on the front cowl, and the Ford logo on the tail gate.You can bet I'll have photos this weekend. Also I left all of the dings and area so that it is not perfect. I think it gives it a little integrity. haha
IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

More updates

Well, I got the Bucket back together again, and have alot to do to the interior. I still need to paint the front grill and do the brakes. But, I can do all of this with the car just like it sits. I'm gettin close. Tomorrow I plan on mounting the headlights.
IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Very nice! Can't wait to see it finished. This Texas drought has me working from before sunup to after dark just to try to save some of my cows, so I haven't even started on mine yet....but maybe soon.

Very nice! Can't wait to see it finished. This Texas drought has me working from before sunup to after dark just to try to save some of my cows, so I haven't even started on mine yet....but maybe soon.

Buddy, I know what it's like trting to keep cows with hay . I grew up in CC,Tx , the droughts would bring cracks in the ground wide enough to brake a leg. I'll do a little rain dancew for ya.

Your roadster is so simple and uncomplicated looking. Really like that about it.

Thanks Bob. At first , I thought it looked a little long. But, now that I am going back together with it she looks just fine to me.I did shorten my shifter. It was sticking up two feet above the back lip of the bucket:eek:, so I felt the need to shorten it. I plan to paint some very thing and simplified scallop flames on it in the morning.

Latest posts

Back