The official T bucket truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to do some work on the project this evening.
DSC00266.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

Got to work on the bucket this weekend.Moved the radiator back a little because of the gap between the radiator and the front pulley on the engine.Also got most of the floor pans and tunnel done.
IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Didn't want you guys to think that I gave up on my project. It seems that the more I looked at a few things I realized they needed to be changed up. I redid the rear 4 link suspension. I changed the angle of the top links so that the V in the top links is at it widest point at the frame instead of at the differential. You live and learn. Also, after I built my steering set up, I relized that the joints in the steering shaft were not timed with each other. By not being timed the shaft was not wanting to turn in a straight line. It kind of wobbled when you try to steer.I will take photos tomorrow of my progress. I got the floors done,and am in progress of redoing the rear suspension. This site has been a real help with my first time rat rod build.

Yeah glad to see an update.. I'm still in awe at how good those wire spokes look powder coated..If i ever come across a set of rusty true spokes, I will own them :D

Lookin good!!

Thanks guys. I got my 4 link suspension set up this evening, and will do the final welding on it tomorrow evening. Forgot to get photos , but will get some tomorrow. Next thing to do is to remove the body and finish welding the frame and rear suspension. Then, its out of the shop with the frame, and time to start finishing up welding on the body. I'm getting very close to being able to get things on the engine tightended up and started up. yehaaww!

I just came across this thread, man awesome work, it's turning out real well! I think I'd like to do something like this someday. Keep the posts coming.

Mac.

I just came across this thread, man awesome work, it's turning out real well! I think I'd like to do something like this someday. Keep the posts coming.

Mac.

Thanks Mac. I just didn't want the typical T bucket build , where it has big huge rear tires, skinny fronts, and chromed out with brass hanging all over it. Defintely gonna be different. Trying to get it ready for a Show here in Richmond Hill that normally has chiney hot rods. I had my 48 F1 in it last year, and had a blast.

Well, I got the final welding done on the 4 link , and the frame. Hasd to flip it over to finish what I couldn't get to. I'm getting real pumped about this build. I seem to have lost my camera or it lost me, who knows. All that isleft is to fabricate and mount a master cylinder bracket, and install the brake pedal. I worked on the body yesterday ,doing some skim coating around some welds, and it is really starting to come together. Maybe I'll get some photos with my phone tomorrow.

Well, I got a few things done today. Got the engine and tranny cleaned up and painted. And, I built me a cool little steering wheel out of a universal lug wrench and rebar. Just waiting on my master cylinder bracket, and quick release steering wheel hubGonna work on the engine tomorrow.Getting real close to start painting. Got the body squared up, and welded. Now, just need to skim coat some areas then start shooting paint. My budget on this build has been just about as close to nada as can be. I had to fab my own steering wheel column ,using wheel bearings I had and some exhaust tubing. It is rock solid, and I made it,so I'm happy.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63403&stc=1&d=1312673302
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63404&stc=1&d=1312673302
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63405&stc=1&d=1312673302
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=63406&stc=1&d=1312673302

Attachments

• IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg