todays metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! I just scored an entire set of rivet tools, dies, air hammer, hand squeezer (don't know the name of it!) etc from a used tool store. Got to try my hand at one of these! won't look as good as yours though...[cl

made this tail gate skin for a customer today

DSCN6763_zpsa3641033.jpg

for the past couple days i have been working on stretching some quarter skins for a pro street nova II.

all the cut lines laid out to move the rear edge of the wheel opening back 4 inches. and the cutting starts

DSCN6768_zpsb11f62ab.jpg

all moved back and tacked up, still need to make the filler piece

DSCN6769_zps0327af50.jpg

DSCN6770_zps418e96c7.jpg

all welded up ready to start grinding

DSCN6764_zpse57df446.jpg

DSCN6765_zps331590f1.jpg

all ground down, and ready for some finish metal work

DSCN6766_zps37a96f6e.jpg

DSCN6767_zps6610a6a4.jpg

both quarters finished and ready to go to the customer

DSCN6773_zpsaae7153a.jpg

Now your just being insensitive......

you can't keep coming up with this stuff....where will all end??? I bow to your skills and Ingenuity ......that is very nice...seriously...very nice and it does look cast....curiosity....how long did it take you to do that??

It seems some people just take pride in making others look like a fool.........

Naw. I think Ole' Cornfield here is the type that would be like "What, this piece O crap I knocked out? If I did it again I would make it better." He is super humble and always wants to learn new and exciting skills. And helps others learn too. The fact that he has raw talant helps![cl

Naw. I think Ole' Cornfield here is the type that would be like "What, this piece O crap I knocked out? If I did it again I would make it better." He is super humble and always wants to learn new and exciting skills. And helps others learn too. The fact that he has raw talant helps![cl

thanks man lol well......... i had a customer ask me to make a 6 port fuel block for his 6x2 set up so i made this one, and i do think this one is better looking than the first one. next up will be some finned aluminum fuel blocks

DSCN6814_zps16ccc41b.jpg

DSCN6815_zpsebd627aa.jpg

DSCN6823_zps0b0c4a32.jpg

DSCN6824_zpsf69f4af6.jpg

DSCN6825_zps7a6140e7.jpg

Latest posts

Back