Ink

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Just some random thoughts/questions on ink. I have a couple I got 25 years ago, can't really remember why so now I am wondering why you got yours? I'm sure there are a lot of reasons. Any regrets?

I'm going to stray a bit from your question Willowbilly3, but since I'm really old usually people forgive me. Hope you will. When I worked I wanted a tat, a pierced ear and really long hair. Those things were frowned on. I looked forward to the day I retired so I could get those things. Well. I've been retired 11 years and still have none of them. I realized I wanted things I couldn't have. Once I could have them I no longer needed them. Now, back to your question.

lol, I had the long hair, shoulder length for a while in the 70s, now I can't stand it when it touches my neck or the inside of my ears. Had the ear ring but never really liked it and after about a year I quite wearing one, too much hassle in the 70s cowboy country.
I am sooo glad I can cover my ink. My 17 year old nephew is into poking holes in his head and tatts, He got some neck tatts that go almost to his ears, lip rings, eyebrow, tounge piercings, can't figure out why he can't get a job???

Mine is a Grim Reaper. It's a reminder of a really bad time in my life and how NOT to solve my problems.

Attachments

• DSCF0034.JPG
    DSCF0034.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 29
here's my tat, i got it for alot of reson's. its the symbol of 1 of my favorit bands, i know the members locally and there music helped me get though ruff times. also my name starts with a d :D but its all about self image.:cool:

man i got hairy legs:eek:

Attachments

• IMG00133.jpg
    IMG00133.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
I have always found other places to spend my $. Cars... parts, projects, never really wanted art that I would be stuck with for years, and years. I like looking at Tats, and the art work involved, but it is not for me.

Its hard to read, no dead. Sara(wife) hard to read Brendon and Kamron (boys) and Lillie (daughter). Its a family tatoo, and I got some more work on it today.

DSCF0150.jpg

Got 2......outer calf on each leg. Reason - X-country motorcycle trips with best friend. I'll always remember.......

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

First is "Coast to Coast" in 1996 & second is "Sea to Sea" in 2002

Ratty 46

No Regrets...

I have a few, because I have always liked them.
Waited till my late 30's to get my first, anything I would have done in my 20's
would have been way out of line for my life now.
Attitudes and opinions change dramatically as you age and mellow. :rolleyes:

I enjoy seeing a well thought out and rendered piece.
I have a lot of repect for an artist who can take your idea and develop it into a well
executed piece of art for you.
Don't think to much of the spur of the moment, get it off the shop wall type of tattoo
no matter how well done it is.

And I don't really expect everyone to like or understand the tats that I have.
They are my thoughts, likes, and ideas. Period.
Here are a few of mine, though not all.... :eek:
No regrets.... '22

Attachments

• Right arm1.jpg
    Right arm1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Right arm 2.jpg
    Right arm 2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Inside right arm.jpg
    Inside right arm.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Left shoulder.jpg
    Left shoulder.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Right shoulder.jpg
    Right shoulder.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 45
I have a few, because I have always liked them.
Waited till my late 30's to get my first, anything I would have done in my 20's
would have been way out of line for my life now.
Attitudes and opinions change dramatically as you age and mellow. :rolleyes:

I enjoy seeing a well thought out and rendered piece.
I have a lot of repect for an artist who can take your idea and develop it into a well
executed piece of art for you.
Don't think to much of the spur of the moment, get it off the shop wall type of tattoo
no matter how well done it is.

And I don't really expect everyone to like or understand the tats that I have.
They are my thoughts, likes, and ideas. Period.
Here are a few of mine, though not all.... :eek:
No regrets.... '22

you have one of the baddest right sleeves ive ever seen

Let's keep it going, now explain you reason for the design, not the reason you got it but why you decided it had to have a skull or rat, swastika, whatever.
A lot of tatts seem rather dark and sinster, whay is that? I think if you really wanted to be tough you would have like a smurf or tinkerbell. Think about it, you'd have to be trouncing someone all the time for pokin fun at ya.

Latest posts

Back