Buy American! Made in the good ol USofA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... don't get me wrong but as you probably know... we're in a *real* mess here SO... when I buy things now... I look at the label & pay *close* attention to "where it's made"! I think you know where I'm going here... I see two items... one cheaper than the other but one is made elsewhere & one is made right here @ home. It's also usually obvious that the one that costs just a lil more is of much better quality... so... I buy the one made in the good ol USofA. This is just my personal opinion but... we have *got to stop* sending our hard-earned greenbacks overseas & start supporting the good ol boys right here at home. On the flip side... our guys have got to start delivering the goods... er... the car companies come to mind!!! No one can out work us, out think us & deliver like we can... NOBODY!!! We just need to get rid of all the thieves @ the top! We also don't need enact trade barriers... we can do that every day when we shop... WE have the power!!!

Just my .02 & sorry to rant but after we sent the treasury secretary to beg over in China I lost it...
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/geithner-gets-good-grades-for-china-trip?link=kiosk

BoB

Trip, I could not agree with you more.
Keep the money and the jobs here.
International politics/trade will always play a huge roll in our economy but the good old U.S. of A needs to come first!!
The decisions being made (both ecomomic and politically) this past year and the next couple years are going to be unbelievably critical to our future.

Well said,........... I would also not buy from any company that has sent jobs out of the GOOD OLD USA.

Come to think of it I quit drinking Bud Light once they were bought out.

So you're saying I shouldn't buy a new Chinese HUMMER??!?:D

Have to agree with ya, it seems our political leaders are crawling around the world grovelling at every countries feet for a handout. How can they expect other countries to have any faith in our government when US citizens don't?
It's time for WE the PEOPLE to lead by example!:mad:

I agree too. And you are right we need to "can" all of the "Thievs" that are stealing from everyone. They are the ones that have cut us off at the neck and put all of us in this position. Heck I go so far as to shop with the local guy as well. If I can buy it from a local supply shop, junk yard, resteraunt, whatever it is, I do.

I would also not buy from any company that has sent jobs out of the GOOD OLD USA.

Come to think of it I quit drinking Bud Light once they were bought out.

Very good points!!! This is really up to us... just like the oil thing. If we don't start taking care of our own business & quit letting crooked politicians etc rip us off... I guess we deserve what we're gonna get & it ain't gonna be pretty. I'm an old stock & bond broker & a lot of what I see scares me to death. We are definitely in a big world of hurt & we have beaten *every* problem that's come our way but we definitely got sucker punched this time... & by our own people! Things will turn around but I doubt they will ever be the same! I just wish someone would have to pay for all this but... I DOUBT IT!!! GO USA!!! :D:D:D

Yep... I love American cars (the rustier the better), American food (yummmmy) & American women!!!

BoB <----- Made in the USofA

I also agree on keeping the money here in the good OL USOFA. But you know how hard it is to find that stuff at times. We dont make hardly crap here anymore. Even alot of the stuff I buy says "Made in the USA With Global Parts". WTF. When are americans going to just say I am not going to buy it.

We as Americans need to support our Country and our Businesses. But we all as a hole have had the oppertunity to get that first inexpensive purchase that was made overseas and have never looked back.

That is one of the reasons many US companies are gone. They just can and could not keep up with the cheap cut throat Global Economy and just either sold out or just closed the doors.

I just about fell over when I saw this on the boob tube last night. We have our US Soldiers running around in these. And now we are going to have to wait to have them imported. WTF

I hate to even talk about this lousy economy because I just get end going off the deep end when I see what has happened to this country in the last couple of years.

well, i don't have any theological comments to add, but i will add the opinion of an arkansas hillbilly who has worked for a livin since i was able....

1. greed has gotten in the way at the top..in govt (esp.) but also corperate america as well-the big companies, to make more money, have sent jobs to mexico/china, to make products cheaper(while keeping retail prices the same&created biggerr profit margins for themselves) but in doing so they put many americans out of work---the people who are supposed to BUY their products...a bad deal for us while they count their money...

2. alot of americans who are able to work won't, b/c of too many govt. hand outs- please don't misunderstand me-if you need it its a good thing--but many are abusing the system rather than working and contributing to the system, while able americans sit and draw a check unworthily, those who need it can't get help-and illegal aliens who fill the positions that americans should fill, do not usually contribute to the american tax/s.s. system

3. we all want our dollar to go farther, and many ( i am guilty too) buy the cheapest product out there to save a few pennies, and in doing so have a hand in putting these u.s. companies in a tuff situation...

so in conclusion........Tripper has it right-buy american-live american-help save america....

God bless the USA--(and quickly please)

if i offend, i'm sorry i did...but that is my opinion and not gonna change soon

I order steel all the time. I used to see "Canada" on the steel, last week "Mexico".

The local company I use has buyers that shop best prices.

It is getting harder and harder to buy American. What do we still make?

I order steel all the time. I used to see "Canada" on the steel, last week "Mexico".

The local company I use has buyers that shop best prices.

It is getting harder and harder to buy American. What do we still make?

That is a huge problem. As stated before there isnt a lot made here. Sure its assembled here but it came in pieces from out of the country. I think it has to be about 90% if not more is imported and sold everywhere. Sure I dont have an exact number but I know its high. I guess for me if im supporting the local guy im doing a pretty good job. Its keeping him in business. Maybe thats not the best way to do things but I dont want to watch my neighbors lose their jobs.

I know everyone on here has different opinions, that's what make the USA so great.
This post has the same ideas and opinions that are being sent by TEA PARTIEs all across the nation.
So I guess RatRodsRuled just got TEA BAGGED,....

Yes, even SIKA$$es like me have to find humor when I can.

american RE - made

We here ya loud and clear! TRIP, i made some stickers for my rat rod to show the WORLD and THE AMERICAN CAR CO. it can be done and for under 4000.00 by an American!

i actually refused some rec. tubing yesterday cause it said mexico on it, they brought me out 4 sticks with U.S.A. stamped on it today.
dp1

Attachments

• new crush'd 002.jpg
    new crush'd 002.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 20
  • new crush'd 007.jpg
    new crush'd 007.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 26
  • new crush'd 001.jpg
    new crush'd 001.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 14
  • new crush'd 009.jpg
    new crush'd 009.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm soooooo pro USA that I will NOT vacation outside the US of A - EVER!

I am also a big advocate of buying anything I need, if it's made still, by good old hard working Americans.

My car is American, my tools & equipment are American & I love AMERICA.

Ratty 46

hey Dogpatch, that is one cool sticker,... (was it made in the USA? if so I would like to get one. It's crazy how much stuff we buy that is not flags, those support magnets for the troops, it's down right crazy)

stickers

hey Dogpatch, that is one cool sticker,... (was it made in the USA? if so I would like to get one. It's crazy how much stuff we buy that is not flags, those support magnets for the troops, it's down right crazy)

yes they were made right here in the good ol U.S.A. on my computer, i have recently send one to a graphics place up the road and am having them made on american vynal for outdoor use!

so i will have about 300 or so to pass out, as soon as they come in i will let everyone know and if ya send me a s.a.s.e. i'll mail everyone a couple

wanted 'em for billetproof this weekend but didnt get em done in time. dp1

I just about fell over when I saw this on the boob tube last night. We have our US Soldiers running around in these. And now we are going to have to wait to have them imported. WTF.

There is a difference in the Hummer that GM builds & the HMMWV that our soldiers use tho, they look similar. The Hummer is a military look-a-like on a Tahoe chassis & drivetrain. Thai is the one that could end up being Chinese made. The actual military HMMWV is made by AM General in South Bend, IN. While probably 95+% of Hummers built will never see dirt & mud under their tires, I've seen the HMMWV go places an M1 tank & Bradley could not.

I find this funny in my own sik mind,... You know you do this too. When you have something that has that little "gold made in china" sticker you peel it off. Now imagion someone who just purchased the first chinese hummer peeling one giantic made in china sticker off the hood before they drive it. (and somehow it will probably happen)

I find this funny in my own sik mind,... You know you do this too. When you have something that has that little "gold made in china" sticker you peel it off. Now imagion someone who just purchased the first chinese hummer peeling one giantic made in china sticker off the hood before they drive it. (and somehow it will probably happen)

Ha Ha, I wonder if it will be stuck on the bottom??

Have to agree with ya, it seems our political leaders are crawling around the world grovelling at every countries feet for a handout. How can they expect other countries to have any faith in our government when US citizens don't?
It's time for WE the PEOPLE to lead by example!:mad:

I just heard about that!!!! Dam China is really buying HUMMER!!!!
here is the story:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/business/03auto.html

Latest posts

Back