1946 ford f100 first build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah just make sure that you use fish plates over all ther areas the you have a joint on the kick up and on the Z

niiice thanks bro! i hope to get somthing done by this weekend.

and would it be easier to do it with my cab on the frame or not on the frame?[S

thanks for all the help outs bro!:cool:

niiice thanks bro! i hope to get somthing done by this weekend.

and would it be easier to do it with my cab on the frame or not on the frame?[S

thanks for all the help outs bro!:cool:

Welll you can do it either way - I would set the cab on and get my peices cut and then tack them in place where you want them them pull the cab back off and burn them in good that way you can get them right where you want them and no worries about havin them in the right place since you had the cab on so you can just drop the cab back on and everyting is right where you want it to be

Welll you can do it either way - I would set the cab on and get my peices cut and then tack them in place where you want them them pull the cab back off and burn them in good that way you can get them right where you want them and no worries about havin them in the right place since you had the cab on so you can just drop the cab back on and everyting is right where you want it to be

awsome! thats just what ill be doing;)

also i just sold my rear fenders from this project for 100 bucks now i can either get my rear end for buy the 2x3 tubeing for my frame? not sure what i should get first:eek:

awsome! thats just what ill be doing;)

also i just sold my rear fenders from this project for 100 bucks now i can either get my rear end for buy the 2x3 tubeing for my frame? not sure what i should get first:eek:

Well how much is the tubing gonna cost? I built my frame and had the rear already but it is really up to you. If you want to have all your parts before you fab up the frame or not

i got my batwing brackets on and shackles on. it seems like i would have to narrow the front some to run my raidus rods?[S not sure what to do:D
heres a pic

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 64
whats up guys back at work now had to pay some bills lol. but now im tryin to figure out if i should narrow my front end before i Z it or after i do my Z?[S
thanks for and advice on that :cool:

i got the front crossmember peice out today where would be a good place to do the pie cuts to narrow my front. do i want to do it before i Z it or after i Z it and should it be done before the Z or in front of the Z:confused:

Attachments

• 101_3194.jpg
    101_3194.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 101_3191.jpg
    101_3191.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 51
Great build. Like your enthusiasm. Looks like your haven' some fun. Kids will slow things down for sure. Raised three. Stay the course and good things will happen. Look forward to seeing this progress.:D

If you haven't pinched it yet, visually, I think it would look better pinched behind the Z. You might even be able to pinch it under the cab and make the Z match the angle of the cab front.

I have a 40 ford cab and I have been wondering how much of a chop to do...yours looks perfect! I think I want to do a drastic chop now!

thanks bro! i think i did a 5" chop in front and a 6" around the back. go for it bro. this is my first chop so the next will be better :D

Great build. Like your enthusiasm. Looks like your haven' some fun. Kids will slow things down for sure. Raised three. Stay the course and good things will happen. Look forward to seeing this progress.:D

thanks bro. oh yea it sure is fun stuff first rod build ive build a 64 impala lowrider when i was 15 with my dad and ever since then thats all i want to do is build a rat. ill have some updates soon getting gas for the welder this week. and all new steel for my frame.:cool:

If you haven't pinched it yet, visually, I think it would look better pinched behind the Z. You might even be able to pinch it under the cab and make the Z match the angle of the cab front.

yea thats whats i was going to do but now i just decided to build a frame. so i can have a nice clean frame with my own mounts and brackets. ill be having some updates soon. getting gas for the welder this week and getting 2x3 tubeing next week.;)

the steel for my frame is being deliverd today and getting gas for the welder. hope to get some work done this weekend:D

Latest posts

Back