1946 ford f100 first build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will for sure. im going to try to make my own radius rods too. can that be difficult to do?:confused:

I made my own and it wasn't bad..you can either buy the correct tubing that you can tap threads in the ends or do weld in inserts..I used heavy wall tubing with 1.00" ID and turned my inserts and threaded for 5/8" and 3/4" heims..

I made my own and it wasn't bad..you can either buy the correct tubing that you can tap threads in the ends or do weld in inserts..I used heavy wall tubing with 1.00" ID and turned my inserts and threaded for 5/8" and 3/4" heims..

ok cool bro thanks how did you get the bend in in them. i dont have that equipment lol i wish:D

also how would you determined on the length of the raidus rods? thanks :cool:

got my brackets in today. next week ill have my spring and shackles and purches.

was messing around with my frame with some some 2x4 wood got bored lol.:D

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bfcqdm.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bfcqdm.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 80
  • SprintPhoto_b4pr4q.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b4pr4q.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 81
  • SprintPhoto_b1fx5q.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b1fx5q.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 74
What are the brackets for?

Keep up the great work, I am enjoying the updates

What are the brackets for?

Keep up the great work, I am enjoying the updates

that brackets are for my axel for the raidus rods and my spring purch to hold my spring in place.

and thanks bro theres going to be more updates soon i had my little girl 7 weeks ago so i havent had any time to work on the project. its all worth it tho lol:D

that brackets are for my axel for the raidus rods and my spring purch to hold my spring in place.

and thanks bro theres going to be more updates soon i had my little girl 7 weeks ago so i havent had any time to work on the project. its all worth it tho lol:D

Who made the brackets if you dont mind me asking

Hey man the build can wait, congrats on your little girl! Thats the best build there is ;)

LOL..I hear ya there..my little boy is about 7 weeks old too, I had forgotten how little shop time that means for dad..hehe he was born sept 7th, when was yours?

you get those bat wing brackets in and get that mockup done for your frame rail and that will help determine the length of your front bones..seems about 30" is a common length, I think mine ended up at 32" or so..I rolled mine on one of those harbour freight tubing rollers..

Tim

LOL..I hear ya there..my little boy is about 7 weeks old too, I had forgotten how little shop time that means for dad..hehe he was born sept 7th, when was yours?

you get those bat wing brackets in and get that mockup done for your frame rail and that will help determine the length of your front bones..seems about 30" is a common length, I think mine ended up at 32" or so..I rolled mine on one of those harbour freight tubing rollers..

Tim

she was born auguast 30th here in lawton. yea no joke on very little shop time after that but its ok.

ok cool thanks bro i have some pics up soon of my up to date on my pickup[;) time lol

ron pope at RPM at a good price too.

and thanks bro she is a blessing!

Do you have contact info for Ron?

Is this where you got your shackles and perches from too?

Thanks for the help, I am trying to get a parts list started for my build and a good vendor list too

was bored when i got off work today my brackets came out nice they fit perfect! thanks RPM! not much i can do with no gas for the welder:( hope by wed. ill get that filled. heres some pics i took today:D

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bs3mp0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bs3mp0.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 86
  • SprintPhoto_bsjst0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bsjst0.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 92
  • SprintPhoto_bqvlo0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bqvlo0.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 78
  • SprintPhoto_b54qs0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b54qs0.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 70
  • SprintPhoto_bhqpq0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bhqpq0.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 72
well i havent had any time to work on the project between work and having a baby its hard to get shop time lol:D its all woth it tho;)

ok im about to finlly get to work on my frame. what would be the best way to do my z and my kick up because im using my og frame would there be extra frame peices when i cut the frame or should i get some still and build up to it?. thanks guys!:cool:

well i havent had any time to work on the project between work and having a baby its hard to get shop time lol:D its all woth it tho;)

ok im about to finlly get to work on my frame. what would be the best way to do my z and my kick up because im using my og frame would there be extra frame peices when i cut the frame or should i get some still and build up to it?. thanks guys!:cool:

I would pick up some 2x3 3/16" tubing and use that to do the rear kickup and the z

Latest posts

Back