1946 Ford Truck over S10 Frame.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the bed and the front clip off for the last time. I figured it would be easier to install all the wiring with it off and I still needed to paint the back end of the chassis. I got the ecu tuned and everything shut off I won't be needing computer-wise. When I get it on the road, I have to take it back over to him for the actual road tuning part. He remaps the fuel curve and adjusts shift points to where you want them to be and just checks to make sure we are not getting any leftover error codes. I have pretty much the entire engine fuse box and harness installed. It was very simple and everything just unplugs if their is ever a need for a cab removal, etc.. The ecu and OBD port are behind the glove box door. I made an aluminum heat shield for above the heater box and then elevated it above that about 1-1/2". Under the dash is very clean so far, although I do still have the vehicle harness to go which will not be bad. Both harness' are brand new for reliability. Other than that I got the back end painted. I will just stay working on the body harness over the next couple days. I still have some steering column and brake things to tie up too. I am going to put an adjustable proportioning valve in for the new rear disk brakes and an electrical line lock in for the front brakes. I want the truck to be able to just roast the back tires at a light! Should be fun with that 4:10 posi rear end! Yee haw...............

Aaron

IMG_1549_zps8bdba30b.jpg

IMG_1539_zps791fd38b.jpg

IMG_1550_zpsa9d7d85a.jpg

IMG_1564_zps76b66c83.jpg

IMG_1573_zps1a9f5772.jpg

plans for rear fenders or no??

Oh yea, it's getting rear fenders and full running boards. I have not had a whole lot of time to work on it the last few week or so with being so busy at work, but the complete new wiring harness is about 95% installed. I am waiting on the new dash gauges to finish up the dash and she will be ready to trailer over for the new exhaust system. When it comes back, it's just a matter of throwing the rear fenders and running boards on. I will get pictures tomorrow of the progress.

Aaron

Here are some pictures of the progress. Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it the last 6 weeks, but it is about 95% complete at this point. I still have to mount the steering wheel (been waiting to finish up the wiring), drag it over on the trailer to get the exhaust put on it and than I will throw the running boards on. Other than that, it is pretty much finished up. It sounds sweet with open headers, but a little to obnoxious! The build has been a blast, but a ton of work. I wanted everything to be right on it, so it will be a reliable truck for hopefully years to come. I will work out the bugs on it for the next couple months driving it, and than it will be up for sale. The bottom picture will be the new project. It will get another LS motor and air bagged to lay on the ground.

Wholy Crap.....that was fast....or so it seemed...

Kind of blew us away with the mad dash to the finish....does look great and the new project looks like a winner too....another vortec motor in the works for that one?? [P

I will drive it for a month or two to work any bugs out before selling, than it's onto the next one.

Aaron

Here's the first drive. Went good except it needed more tranny fluid. Like 9 quarts in all. I now have it on the trailer to get the exhaust system on it tomorrow and than all it needs is the wiper, mirror, horn and running boards mounted and she's done. I am thinking about powdercoating the wheels a different color like charcoal gray or black. What do you guys think? What a great journey it has been..... I will get video on here once back from exhaust.

Aaron

Last edited:
Got the exhaust put on today. It sounds great. Nice and low toned duals. I also took the wheels in to get them powder coated a hammered copper. Should really blend with the look of the truck I am thinking. Stay tuned...............

Aaron

Got her pretty much done. I got the running boards on and the wheels powder coated hammered copper. What do you think? She sure runs like a bat out of hell! Really glad we went with the 4:10 posi rear end....Click on the bottom picture for engine running video.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back