1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you healed up enough to work on the truck. It's looking really good.

X's 2 gold
I am working on the passenger side door top right now. When I did the drivers side I tipped mine in at the front and the back to try to keep an even plane for the glass to slide up into.The gap at the back was wider.
After I cut and fitted the vent window on the drivers door I slid the glass in from the access opening and up into the window frame and it slid up nicely.
It remains to be seen how it will work with the regulator but all signs point to success.
As I posted earlier in my thread I was taught that working windows and vents were the sign of a great chop. Yours is well on it's way brother[cl

Torchie[;) (Now that I am back to welding on mine I can use this icon again):)

Got the drivers door tipped today.Did a little work on correcting the door gap. Added a little welding rod welded to the door edge. Will need to grind it all down.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 47
Thanks guys. Feels good to be back to work! That little cut to tip the door worked pretty well. I don't want to final weld until I am pretty sure the window will work.

My arm is sore, but good enough to get some stuff done.

I am out working on mine right now and compared to yours gold it looks like I chopped mine using a chain saw :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Those door gaps are great. Much better than factory I would think [cl

Keep working and posting. Every time I look at yours I get PO and go out and work on mine :)
Torchie.

Here is what I did today. If I got paid by the hour on this thing I would be rich! I only have to weld a little at the top on the inside and I need a small filler in the same area on the out side. I just discovered the misalignment requiring a filler strip about 1/16 thick.

I'm just going in to get a shower and call it a day. Time to look at doing the other door now.

Thanks for the compliments Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45
Started on the passenger door tonight. That big belt sander that I bought sure makes trimming door frames easy.

Got to get my rhythm back. Work a little each day.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I got a bit of work done on the passenger door tonight. its all tacked together and ready to be tipped in. Sorry for the lousy pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Torchie. I have a couple spots on the front of the window frame that will get "filler" welded. I like a gap, just a bit smaller than I got in a couple spots.

The front of the frame goes through this weird angle change that is tough to predict.

I'm really enjoying the sheet metal work.

Latest posts

Back