1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see a problem with welding the floor seam from the top. Most people do it that way.
Good chance to practice making the welds pretty. [cl

And a lot less work then lifting the cab off.
Torchie.

Yeah, I might have to do it that way. To tight underneath on drivers side.

I put a counter shaft on my bead roller today that let's me manually crank from the same side as the roller dyes. I am using a 3/4 ratchet to drive it. Real slow but better control. I need a DC motor. Then I have a plan for it. Looked on Kijiji for a treadmill on the cheap. Might be the way. Tight now it's easy to store away.

Cut out the passenger side floor board. Had to take a little of the toe board. Will start making a new one tomorrow or the next day. I'm done for the day now.

Passenger side floor board is in. Just need to make that small bit of toe board.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the compliments guys.

We had a snow storm come through yesterday. I got to work in the garage while I listened to my step son run the snow blower.[cl

I feel your pain Torchie, with the weather change all of my joints are creaking and popping when I move!

Floor is just about done. Just a few little spots to weld. Toe board is in as of today.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 53
Sounds like home gold....
I thought that I had everything situated with the boat and the truck in the shop so I would have room to work on the the truck this winter.
Not so sure at this point, so no progress on mine.
Keep at it.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back