30chevy! something

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The back of the cab looks good. You're really flying through it! Cool about he gauges.

thanks sam, but not as fast as i would like too,,, spent a week in pell city alabama in tent revivalfor a week, week before last then worked in pikeville TN for a couple of days trying to make some money! now trying to get back going on it! ,,

i need headlights , wiring harness, king pins, wheels, ( had a deal on some but that fell thru), brake lines,tires. possibly another gas tank, glass, put the roof on and floor pans! then some test drives and sould be ready to go, i havent pulled the motor yet from the 66 chevy cause i am driving it! but before i put it in i want to put new seals in the bottom , already did the top end! head gaskets and valve cover intake , just need to do pan and timing cover and front and rear seals! also new seals for tranny, maybe a new cultch,.. anyways Jesus shall make a way , I know He's going to bless me!![cl

Nice build! I can't wait to see how she does at the salt flats. :) [cl

oh iam not going to race, just watch and talk about Jesus!
if ya was about to break the world speed record , you might want to talk someone who knows him before ya get in that car, 2 prayers is better than one!:D

i told yall , Jesus would bless me!!! i went to see a freind today about 5 little bolts for my dash, instead of drivin all the way to town , who lives about a 1/2 mile away, while i was there i , he asked me how my truck was coming i told him slow but goin! he asked what i needed and i told him it all till i got down to the wheels the lasy thing on my list!, well want to run something wide on the rear , but hadnt found nothing yet, so he said he might have somethin, we walked arounf the back of the shop , and these are what he said he had, well i said i would like to have them but i was broke and didnt have a job,right now, he said thats ok you can have them!:) and not only that told me to be at his place at 5 in the morning and gave me a job!!!!!!!
heres the wheels and tires!!!!!!!!!!!!![cl

Attachments

• Image0151.jpg
    Image0151.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Image0152.jpg
    Image0152.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Image0153.jpg
    Image0153.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 67
well bad news
i went out last night to drive my truck with the donor motor! , and i have a rod knocking! i think it must have happening when i came hopme from pikeville TN . last week oil pump failure! got to find a donor motor now! oh well!!!!
this changes my trip plans!!!

well guys the lord has blessed again!!! my buddy pulled this running 305 and auto trans out of his 55 to replace it with the matching numbers motor and tran for the 55 convertible, and he gaveme this motor and trans! Jesus is good !

Attachments

• Image0158.jpg
    Image0158.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Image0159.jpg
    Image0159.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 42
well i had to have spacers to runthe rims i got so i ordered me sum 2 in thick , because the frame gets wider in the rear and so does the springs! a little over 80bucks for the two! and got me some lung nuts too! i been wrokin in atlanta every day for 2 weeks and its rained on me on the weekend except for one which i rode my new bike! so i havent got much work done! but if it aint raining tomorrow i going to try to get sumthing done!

Attachments

• Image0164.jpg
    Image0164.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Image0165.jpg
    Image0165.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Image0166.jpg
    Image0166.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 30
just followed this thread from the beginning.....

i hope to see an update prety soon about this thing & and your road trip!![cl[cl

well because of work and the need for money to complete the job the trip has been postponed, still may get to go the speed trails but the summer long preachin part is on hold! MONEY has become a issue ! didnt help the fact my donnor blew up! oh well just keep on keepin on!

just some pics of it rolled out on the drive! rain is killing me by the time i get home from work its raining! so work is slow

Attachments

• Image0172.jpg
    Image0172.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Image0168.jpg
    Image0168.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Image0167.jpg
    Image0167.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
heres the pics of my faded paint technic! for Corsair to look at

Attachments