41 chevy 1.5 ton, second build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that part is over. i primed the frame today, painted the axle and front suspension parts yesterday. i also painted the rear axle today.

time to touch up the frame with some filler and shoot some paint.

here are the pics of the front suspension parts.

P5270008.jpg

P5300012.jpg

P5300014.jpg

P5300015.jpg

thanks

well i laid some filler and re primed the frame. then i went to tractor supply and bout some of that gloss black farm equipment paint and the stuff for it. i had to thin it out more than the directions said but it worked.

P5310018.jpg

P5310020.jpg

P5310021.jpg

P6010023.jpg

i finished up the rear suspension and installed it. then i worked in the garage till 1am this morning to get the motor, tranny ready for paint. i figured it could go in for the finial drying time. i painted my steering box, starter and support bracket, tranny lines today. didnt get any pics of that but you will see them in a couple of days.

P6010025.jpg

P6010027.jpg

P6030029.jpg

P6030031.jpg

What is the color you did the engine in?

vht burnt copper engine paint

thank you thank you thank you

i still have to do some body work and welding yet. with this build i kept setting dates to be done, 1.5 years later im getting closer. so im not going to shoot myself in the foot again. someday ill post a burnout video, lol.

vht burnt copper engine paint

thank you thank you thank you

i still have to do some body work and welding yet. with this build i kept setting dates to be done, 1.5 years later im getting closer. so im not going to shoot myself in the foot again. someday ill post a burnout video, lol.

O ok I thought it looked familiar I did the engine in my 38 packard in VHT flame red and it looks really close to that color

Yeah I did the same with trying to set a finish date and it never happened LOL but the truck is lookin killer bro!! keep it up!!!

thanks guys.

i did some mulch today at my moms. then i had the urge to drive my 83 z-28 that i havent drove in 2 years. so i burnt 3 hours to get it run. i had to get the air compressor, batter charger, gas and tools. the starter would turn it over so i dropped everything and ran home to get another starter. them big block headers dont allow to much room for a starter change. so i had to tell them what i wanted done with the help of a hammer and prybar. changed the starter, droped it back down and nothing again. i had a dead sell in the battery, so off to autozone i went. then it came alive, i was so happy to drive it once again. so i have another starter to clean and paint because the one i used was for the 41 truck lol.

well during my vacation last week i ended up getting some things done on the truck chassie. its for the most part done, need to weld the mufflers in and finish the drive shaft. i got the brake lines, tranny lines ran. i also have to run the fuel line and booster vac line.

i have to put the truck on hold for a week or so. i just got my block back from the engine shop for my 34 olds. i need to rebuild it and swap them out. i still have to get a cam and timing chain for it.

but heres some pics from last weeks work.

P6060033.jpg

P6060034.jpg

P6060035.jpg

P6100037.jpg

P6100038.jpg

thanks dirtyrat

well being i dislike body work i got passed it. a buddy was going to help me. we got a harbor freight inline board air sander, took it back after an hour to get another one. about a hour later that one went as well. after a couple of days at a stand still i picked it up from him and went and got a IR air sander and tredged on alone.

i got all of the body parts in a sealer/primer. that was a treat with my hvlp gun so i went back to harbor freight and got a 20 bone throw away gun. half way threw it quit working as well and limped along with my hvlp gun. today i went and got some blitz black paint and things are taking place now. i just got the cab and doors done as of now, but tomorrow the rest will be finished. im hoping to get the cab back on the frame tomorrow to get the juices flowing.

heres some progress from today.

P8010003.jpg

P8010004.jpg

Latest posts

Back