41 desoto vs. 72 c20 which to buy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oglesby il, yeah I really would like the bucket project but the f100 has engine aand transmission already in her plus she's only half an hour away instead of 2.5 hours.

Man, we're pratically neighbors ....well, kinda. Seems to me there was a guy that went by TruckFarmer on FordTruckEnthusiasts that lived around Peru - had lots of 60's F100's.

If you start looking at 61-66 F100's, they rust alot in the front cab mount area and the radiator support behind the headlights. Not to mention the other regular truck rust places - cab corners, etc.

I got some pictures and it looks pretty solid, heck for 400 and complete plus some spare parts I think its worth it. I've never touched a unibody truck but we will see how different it is soon enough.
A cheap first time ratrod project, its pre 65 like that even matters, fairly solid and should be easy to get what I want out of it. The guy selling it bought it for his 64 f100 for parts but he said he couldn't do it because it was in to good of shape to tear up. Plus he's only 20 and he is going to give me a ride in his shiny chromeboy truck tommorow powered by a 5.0 h.o.
I'm sure by now you are learning my indesicive constantly thinking and planning personality...A.D.D get ya everytime haha.

Latest posts

Back