AC in your Rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No A/C is fine when your moving. But when you stop it can get real hot real fast. If you have the room and the money for it, do it. You wont regret it. I wont have the room or money in mine. Maybe I could squeeze it in somewhere. And maybe one day I'll have the money. One things for sure. The ladies prefer A/C. I'm just saying.......[dr[dr[dr;););)[ddd

To me, air in a rat is just wrong. In my case, I'd have to start by putting door glass in and that probably won't happen. Maybe a rooftop unit from a camper would be all right or a house window unit sticking out somewhere. I plan to go to a show this weekend but may take my '49 Chevy pickup instead of my '36 just because it does have air. Predicting 90's and humid here.

I live in a very hot and humid climate, I still would not put A/C in a rat rod or hot rod. Older vehicles have a lot more vents to get the air flowing. Just my 2 cents

Paul

This valley used to be desert. 100+ temps aren't unusual in the summer time. So yeah, my '56 will have AC.

Shakey56 - Do you have any pics of your unit inside? And of your Car?

Hey Thankful. I'm planning on installing unit this winter. Gimme a day or so and I'll post a pic of the unit. If you can find one, usually they'll give it to ya. Or for cheap.

Shakey

Got your email Shakey - thanks for sharing.

I can see this go both ways. I truly understand why some would not put A/C in their Rods and also can understand why some would. For me - it's a comfort thing... I want to drive this sucker a lot! And that being said - could use some A/C to aid in that mission.

I'm still in the planning stages by AC is on the list. Vintage Air / heat is so compact now, for $500 I'll have a rat I can enjoy all year. I'll be disguising everything, I'm thinking some old bake a light radio knobs and a tin faceplate.

good reason for A/C

I had a heart attack last Saturday and the Doc said "no extreme heat", so yeah I would have A/C in mine if it was running. I'm trying to think of a way to put it in my '27 T coupe when I get started on it this fall. After the temps come down and the doc says I can start doing stuff again. I will have three stents by then and don't even know right now whether he will let me weld ever again...

Latest posts

Back