anyone ever seen these ratted?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molinerat

Found this on craigslist and thought it would be cool slammed on a modern chassis. Tell me what y'all think.

Attachments

• 17366-sany0493.jpg
    17366-sany0493.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 172
Looks like a power wagon or military type truck. I might be inclinded to lift it A La Stacey David on Gearz. That truck was badass.

That's an M37 Doge military truck...I have owned over 40 of these and have restored even more for other collectors, you see see several at the link in my sig.

josh01.jpg

Yes, I have seen one hot rodded and it will drive me crazy trying to remember where. It was slammed and looked really cool.

last one I bought for $500. Fixed the float and the wheel cylinders and sold it for $3800. [cl

Go for it

I would jump at chance to hotrod an M37.[;)
Sam Winer in Akron Ohio Has some of them.They also have all kinds of surplus Trucks,engines,axles and goodies.Phone is 330-628-4881
[email protected]
They always have an ad in Boats and Harbors trade paper.
Don`t know anything about them except I see their ad every month.

Go for it dude!! Besides part of doing up a rat is to be different. Not to be just another follower. Rat Rods let you build up whatever you want however you want. There is nothing that says you can only use certain vehicles.

I thought about making it a roadster type and chop the windshield down a few inches and maybe laying the windshield back a little too. Any thoughts on that? I really like it but, the wife is more of a fan of the AD full fendered trucks and I have to keep her happy;). And I haven't really figured out how in the world to get it loaded and the into my shop when I get here.:eek:

Built one and drove it as a daily driver for three years then of road for seven before I sold it. I converted to a small block chev, four speed and NP-205 transfer case. I used the original axles and gears. They were 5.83:1 ratio so top end was limited even with 39 inch tall NATO military tires. I later switched to 39 in boggers. Did a power brake and power steering conversion as well. Did lots of other little mods.

They are prone to axle breakage even with stock motors. I found a guy who was building axles for the rear and swapted them out.

I built that truck and drove it for ten years. This was one tough old piece of iron.

gold03

Attachments

• 100_0051 copy.jpg
    100_0051 copy.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 25
I have seen one slammed out once... I got to dig around see if I have a picture of it.. I might not though.. i remember thinking it looked a little goofy...

Latest posts

Back