Bad flare or bad T?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

I've got a brake fluid leak at the T on the rear end. The short line that goes from the T to the left wheel is the one leaking. I have tightened the crap out of this thing and it still leaks. Took it off, put it back, still leaks. Anybody ever gotten a bad T or pre-made line from Speedway? I may just replace both to make sure I only have to do it once.

Just a lil FYI... NAPA also sells pre-flared tubing if you need a new piece! Save ya on shipping cost! [cl

BoB

I figure I'll just order again from Speedway. The local NAPA is not much help anymore, all the good counter guys have left.

Probably put it back on the ramps tomorrow and take that line back off and look at it closely. It scared me coming home today, brakes got real soft, checked fluid when I got home and the rears was nearly empty of fluid. Fronts were doing all the braking. Those big 12" drums do a great job! No wonder that guys have used them for years on early Fords. Last show of the year is Dec 6, so I have plenty of time to fix it before then, if it doesn't get too cold......

Latest posts

Back