Color to paint

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnomad

Does anyone have any pics of any trucks or cars painted in the flat tan or charcoal brown colors ? My frame is flattened red oxide paint. Thinking about running glossy red oxide wheels with the flat frame and some sort grayish-tan cab,bed & hood.

Kinda tan colored. I think it's primer.

rattan.jpg

Ya we did the frame in the flat red oxide and it's making it a little more difficult to pick a color for the cab,bed & hood. Plus the wheel color. We're kind of finishing this one out more than I intended.

I like that,don't know how that would look next to a red oxide frame. Here's a pic taken back this summer

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 58
Here is some pics of my car flat brown before I painted it red

IMG_5282.jpg

Not to thread jack, but I like your ride.

Can you hit me with some photos on how you did your roof?

I have been bouncing around ideas on how to do mine.

Here is the current state of mine....

DSCF02143x5.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

My pictures on the chop are not on this computer. There on my other one thats taken a crap. I'll look and see if they still may be on my camera. Will let you know !!

You got another angle of that ? The reflection doesn't quite let me see the color. I kinda like that !! What did you put on it ?? Oh,by the way my wifes brother used to be the principal of the high school there in Stillwater.

PlyisBrown004.jpg

It's Camo Brown. Straight from the spray can to the truck! Sunlight really washes it out.

I have 2 1/2 acres and my back peroperty line abuts with the high school property. They have a 40 acre "environmental study area" directly behind me so I should not have to worry about development in that direction.

One of my old builds

Here is one I built and used drive everywhere.
1926 coupe on Jeep CJ7.
Body fit chassis like it was made for it.Had the 151 GM engine.Most fun I ever had with a car.It drove real good and would go anywhere.Wish I had kept that one.[cl

Attachments

• Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back