"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inked,
When you get the 80 body off, It would be a whole lot easier to go ahead and make all the mods to the suspension before putting the 52 body in place. That is "IF" that is the plan.

Hey, DonMan do you have any pics of the build on that ford? I'm starting the process of putting a 52 GMC on an 80 c10.

I don`t have any good "instructional" pics....

Attachments

• DSCN0889.JPG
    DSCN0889.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0888.JPG
    DSCN0888.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 22
MotoMech,
By golly, I think you are on to something.
I already installed the lowering spring shacles on the rear spring mount. (see pics below) I also took a pic of the front spring mount and it looks like there is a few more inches to be had by flipping them over. My main concern is that I don't want to drill too many holes in the frame and cause it to be weakened with the existing holes already in the frame.

Take a look.....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 27
I think we were talking about 2 different things Flat , what I have isn`t like Gastricks pic , they`re just blocks that go between the axle and the spring pad.

Hey Gastrick,
Is there any way you can repost that pic? All I see is the "Notorius" little red box. I clicked on it and it pulled up image shack.

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...

i think there is a good 4-5 inched to be had by turning them over

and IMO i dontthink 4 more holes will do anything to the frame i mean the factory put countless holes in it allready and there is always welding them on

I hope I can get 4-5 in by doing that.
A factory suspension modified by me to get down in the weeds and still carry the factory payload. Sounds good to me. The only thing to buy would be the grade 8 hardware.

MAN... I'm a cheap bastage, but like the idea.

Hey Gastrick,
Is there any way you can repost that pic? All I see is the "Notorius" little red box. I clicked on it and it pulled up image shack.

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...

No need to repost the pic Flatster. I have the rear spring shackles that I didn't realize you have already installed. Sorry.

OK,
No biggie. That is what I like about this place, people willing to help other people that they have never met before.

That is what this place is all about.

i think there is a good 4-5 inched to be had by turning them over

You can`t flip the front hangers over. The leaf will hit the hanger and not allow movement. I hope I`m explaining that correctly. I`ve tried it --- and failed ... :(
You can raise them up a few inches and trim off the part sticking up. I did that on one of my trucks.

OK,
No biggie. That is what I like about this place, people willing to help other people that they have never met before.

That is what this place is all about.

Yep, can`t wait for you to come to Texas and wrench on my projects while I sit in a lawn chair and drink beer. That is what you meant ... right ? :D

I have seen that lowering kit somewhere else before.

I would rather try a different route.....LOL...LOL...

But thanks for the offer.....LOL...LOL...

Dark Sarcasm

Hey Flatster! I Have the front spring perches never used that whil drop your spring 2 inches! you can have them they'er just colecting dust in my shop, just pay for freight shouldn'n be much.

Latest posts

Back