Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It turns out, Dutch that bears like bad smells.
As arrogant as we thinking animals are, we still get lessons once in a while. Sometimes instinct trumps thinking things through. The sow bear's instinct was to immediately protect her young. I, [the thinking animal] was standing there, slowly thinking. If I'd had any instinct, I'd have done what I do best, [avoid conflict]. Of the options I should have been weighing, [fight, freeze, or flight] I chose to take a picture. This bad thinking excludes me from the Homo Sapiens, [thinking primates].
To be fair, we were both pretty surprised at that chance meeting.

117405255-169431044670777-6813726040940393060-n.jpg

Guys, there are bear story updates.
I'd met a guy on Thursday night at our local A&W who had just bought a '55 Ford truck project. I told him that I had a parts truck for him. He came out on Friday afternoon and we took a tour looking at all of the cars, trucks and tractors. As we were approaching the old grain dump I told him the story of the bears. He'd been in the city all his life and really didn't like bears, but he must have had a morbid fascination of his own fear. Still, we peaked around the final trees and sure enough the two cubs were there. Soon after that we left the scene; no calling out to see if the mother was close by, nothing. ------- He went and got into his truck and didn't buy my parts '55.
Last night I was doing some yard work smoothing out a swale ditch, because it was finally almost dry there. I was going to where I'd dumped the rotting grain to get a bucket full of field topsoil that was mixed in with the grain. The bears were separating the grain from the dirt quite a bit so I was taking some topsoil. I was just going by the garden when I saw a biggish black bear in the yard near my machine shed. Again, I thought about taking a picture. I got my phone out of the holster and got it turned on, while still driving the tractor right at the bear. There was this low battery signal again on the screen, but I figgured out how to delete it and got the phone onto camera, forgetting that the bear wasn't wanting to wait for me. He ran into the bush, but I got a picture this time ------ of where he had been.
The black circle is where I had first seen him, and the yellow one is where he went into the bush. See, I'm getting better at this all of the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 25
The same thought came to me, Dozer. My phone battery only goes about four days and this was four days later.
OI, there's no hope of me getting any pictures of all of the sasquatches around here, ----- for a multitude of reasons.

I've never done a selfie, so I'd have to learn, and I'd probably screw that up too. According to the myth, and it is a myth, Doc, you know that, right, the sasquatch has lots of black hair. Mine's white and minimal so it wouldn't work.

Safety for idiots

Wear those safety glasses while cutting steel with cutoff wheel. [S
I had just my regular glasses and managed to get a little little piece of steel in the old eye ball, 3 days later went to eye doc to get a the piece taken out and another 5 minutes getting the "rust ring" removed:eek:
All will be well in a week or two. :rolleyes:
Maybe i should read my signature line more often[S

Wow, three days with a chunk of metal in your eye. That had to be painful. Take care of those precious peepers, stolz

Latest posts

Back