Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the weather has been almost a "real winter" and has been alot more snow than "normal" for arkansas.... yesterday 4-5 " here some places farther west got as much as 24" the roads today are still snow-packed b/c the plows weren't out til today (?) supossed to take the wifey to Branson Mo. tomorrow evening for our 1st nite away w/o kids in 3 yrs;)...& hope the roads are better by then--but we're goin regardless!!![cl[ddd

...supossed to take the wifey to Branson Mo. tomorrow evening for our 1st nite away w/o kids in 3 yrs;)...& hope the roads are better by then--but we're goin regardless!!![cl[ddd

Be Careful! And watch out for those southern drivers, they don't handle snow too well.

um.... oh yeah, I guess your kind of a southern driver... well... BE CAREFUL!

thanks saam, i'm gonna be extremely careful, but i will be in the doghouse if i don't take her.....it's all she's gonna get for valentines day & when i "suggested" rescheduling you would have thought i just told her her best friend died! soooooooo, off to branson we go!

I say name it after him! look at intercourse PA for instance. It would be famous. I would live next to the Harry Baals federal building![cl

There are some crazy town names for sure. There's a town south of me called Big Ugly. A friend of mine has a newspaper from the eighties that has a headline that reads "Big Ugly woman shoots husband" :eek:[cl[cl[cl

That was worth a good laugh this AM! especially as it started out at -7 degrees![cl

Another funny town thing near me........not really weird names but just the way they work out on signs. Two little rural communities, one named Mabie (pronounced may-be) and Cassidy..........there's a sign that reads Cassidy 7 miles Mabie 5 ..[S:D

How come new tires look like they spent the night unattended in a New York City subway?

I just spent a whole lotta money on a set of new tires for a project that is going into a 'shine show' (world of wheels) in a little over a month.

I'd like those tires to be BLACK... Everywhere!

But they have white and yellow markings all over (and between) the tread that doesn't want to come off.

How does a person get the factory applied graffiti off of a new tire without putting on a couple thousand miles???

if you remove the markings then the tires cease to be original and thus become fake..........;)

On a side note; I am really getting tired of our service managers inability to spot a real good customer or a nasty, wants everything for free squeaky wheel. case in point, 08 suburban, 80K miles on it, every door handle, 2 of 4 lock assemblies, defroster grid, rear wiper arm and 2 seats all broken. woman screams bloody murder and he gives it all to her for free. never been to our dealer, didn't buy it here. Warranty ended at 36K miles for all of this stuff. And they wonder why we as techs are having a hard time paying our bills and are unhappy working 60 hour weeks to bring home 35-42 hours of pay.

Your Service Manager is dead wrong...

if you remove the markings then the tires cease to be original and thus become fake..........;)

On a side note; I am really getting tired of our service managers inability to spot a real good customer or a nasty, wants everything for free squeaky wheel. case in point, 08 suburban, 80K miles on it, every door handle, 2 of 4 lock assemblies, defroster grid, rear wiper arm and 2 seats all broken. woman screams bloody murder and he gives it all to her for free. never been to our dealer, didn't buy it here. Warranty ended at 36K miles for all of this stuff. And they wonder why we as techs are having a hard time paying our bills and are unhappy working 60 hour weeks to bring home 35-42 hours of pay.

that service manager needs his head examined.... if he wants to give it away that's fine..... but he needs to take care of his tech's...... As a service director for a couple of Auto Dealers prior to going into my present career.. you don't bite the hand that feed's you... your techs are the ones paying the overhead and your bonus's.... it's all well and good to want to take care of loyal customers but he didn't make a customer here, he simply gave in to her BS....he set a precident and really should have sent her packing..... in a very tactful and diplomatic way......

Off to the hospital. My Pop has had another heart attack. I'll report later. Hopefully they can patch him up again. He's a pretty tough customer.

Went to the laundramat this morning and bought the new issue of Ol' Skool Rodz. Lo and behold, there's a nice picture of my '49 at the Gasoline Gallery Show.

Latest posts

Back