Found a car in the woods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

A friend and I were riding four wheelers(ok, so I was riding a three wheeler) through his woods, and what should we find but an old chevy? It`s a two door, and about the only good things left are the chrome. I know how you guys like to see these old cars in their "natural habit".

IMG00004-20110830-1959.jpg

IMG00005-20110830-1959.jpg

IMG00006-20110830-1959.jpg

IMG00007-20110830-2000.jpg

-Johnson

build

there is enough there to build something outta[cl

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 36%20Side%20Left%201400.jpg
    36%20Side%20Left%201400.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
  • o1a.jpg
    o1a.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 30
  • getting%20the%20car%20ready.jpg
    getting%20the%20car%20ready.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 61354638.jpg
    61354638.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 6%20cylinder%20rat%20rod.jpg
    6%20cylinder%20rat%20rod.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 29
  • New Imagec.jpg
    New Imagec.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 26
  • aa untitled.jpg
    aa untitled.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 26
  • user7191_pic128891_1258510613.jpg
    user7191_pic128891_1258510613.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 33
Maybe, but it would be quite a time trying to get it out of where it is in the woods! That could happen eventually, maybe in pieces....

Last edited:
Room?

C'mon, Man. There's always room for "just one more"....just ask my wife. LOL

Cool pics Skull.:D

Attachments

• Truckpics 002.jpg
    Truckpics 002.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 30
If nothing else atleast grab every last peice of chrome, and anything that will come apart easy. I would venture a guess that somehwere someone is looking for those peices.

'47 Chevy
Jim

Thanks, I was hoping somebody would know what it was.

@Pete:
We`re planning on it, we just didn`t have anywhere to put anything. Not much storage space on an `85 Honda 3 wheeler.

@goose-em:
If your serious, I`m sure we could work something out....

Well it got into the woods, it'll come out :D Love to have it for a daily driver myself. I had one of those in about '67.It was a rat only we didn't call it that of course. It was a fun no worry old car to putt around in. Good memories. If i had this one i would put tinted glass in it, a Chevy or GMC six with A/C, wide whites call it done and drive it everyday :D

I was waiting on you to get here Sam..... You saw the FEAR-SIGNAL(40`s GM car) :D

I was content just to leave it where it is(obviously I wouldn`t have a title for it), but you guys really have me wondering if I can get the truck back to it.....

@E-man:
I don`t think that most of trees around it were there when it got in.

I was waiting on you to get here Sam..... You saw the FEAR-SIGNAL(40`s GM car) :D

I was content just to leave it where it is(obviously I wouldn`t have a title for it), but you guys really have me wondering if I can get the truck back to it.....

@E-man:

There you go. The spirit of the rat rod comeing out.Go get it dude.[cl[dr

@E-man:

I am thinking with the right equipment those trees could be gone for it to leave too.

You guys aren't too familiar with Ohio and what it does to vehicles left to the elements. If you try to move that thing it is going to fold on itself. Besides you can tell from the pictures that it is buried deep, especially in the rear. I can tell you that anything in Ohio below the soil line is just that - soil! It's just gone unfortunately. If it was something rare it might be a different story, but '46-'8 Chevy sedans are dime a dozen and don't bring much when they are in good condition. Maybe save the stainless if it isn't too beat up, but other than that this one belongs to Mother Nature. Besides it looks cool there, so I wouldn't disturb it's slumber... ;)

Latest posts

Back