Getting oil off concrete?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilD

So whats the best way to get oil off a concrete driveway? I did some searching and came up with alot of contridictions.

1) Start with the oil dry/kitty litter.
2) Sweep the litter up.
3) Pour kerosene on the spot. You may want to scrub it in if it is an older stain.
4) Apply more kitty litter, working it in.
5) Sweep up litter.
By this time you shouldn't even be able to tell there was a spot there.[cl

I use the same basic method as mentioned but I use parts wash solvent. Pour a little on and scrub it with a stiff broom, then pour on floor dry and kind of grind it in with your foot. I leave it a day or so and the oil spot is gone. I suppose gas or kerosene work just as good but I hate the smell of gas and haven't had any kerosene around in decades.
When I was in the garage business I used that method for the oil stains and then scrubbed the floor with hot water and powdered Tide. It keeps a garage from getting that old garage smell. The Zep works great too but doesn't smell that great.

TSP, you can find it at most hardware stores, and the big box stores have it in the paint section. Mix with water and scrub with a stiff broom.

I use dry laundry detergent. Get it wet and scrub it in with a stiff broom and let almost dry , then rinse off. I learned it working at a gas station as a kid. It makes the concrete look new.

anyone use b-52?
thats what we clean our cranes with lmao -
no matter what anyone says- washing a crane
is NOT "just like" washing a car.

Latest posts

Back