Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap Charlie that is a hell of a run of bad luck, hopefully everything is good from here on.
No Kidding Glen! Taking it to a show today, hope it doesn't come home on a stretcher...
Sometimes I just wish I could leave well enough alone - what really irks me is that it has been sucking up time and $$$ that I should be putting into the Packard.....😕

No Kidding Glen! Taking it to a show today, hope it doesn't come home on a stretcher...
Sometimes I just wish I could leave well enough alone - what really irks me is that it has been sucking up time and $$$ that I should be putting into the Packard.....😕
I hear ya, I purchased a 2600 stall converter for the 28 Dodge 18 months ago, I have gone to install it 3 times and finally decided to sell it, The 28 runs and drives so good I just don't want to take a chance on screwing it up.

It's worth the money, to me, to go roller.
I've been through that process a couple times and in the long run it's cheaper.
I don't pretend to know everything but, I do know that.

I’m with Old Iron, next one I build will be a roller cam. Too many junk cores in the supply chain to chance getting a good one,and then the lifters might be bad as well.

Yep, I'm definitely putting a roller cam in the 496 for the Packard, selling the Big Mutha Thumper flat tappet that I already bought for it, too much into that engine already to go thru this again. At least BB Chevy stuff is half the price of what they want for an FE Ford engine.

You are definitely not alone in that type of frustration. 2 of my 3 favorite quotes are from the Three Stooges (twisted I know). One of them is when one of their adventures starts taking a downward spiral and Mo stands there (hand rubbing chin) and says, "You know, that was my idea but now I'm not so sure of it."

I have quoted that one myself way to many ideas I've had. 😵‍💫🤪 :D

Delays from parts store, giving me wrong size rings and bearings, frustrating when guys cant read the computer.
I use NAPA for that very reason, our NAPA is staffed by guys that have a clue & have saved my bacon many times! The guys at our other local stores are lost if it's not on their computer!

BoB

We use NAPA as much as possible, their parts are far more superior than the junk the big O sells.
I know most of us don't build a hot rod with fuel mileage in mind so this won't apply in those cases. The sound is great but, I'm not a fan of the Mother Thumper line of cams, they use over fueling as some of the rumpity rump and in turn burn a lot more fuel doing so. I installed one in a non built 350 for a friend and he's constantly bitching about that.

Latest posts

Back