My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D:D:D::D Luv them Isky cams. I remember when Isky came out with the 5th cycle cam, it seemed like voodoo or something magic. Just the name alone was enough to scare the bejesus out of you.

Don

hey tripper...your trucks commin along real nice!! Some great pointers in your thread that I will be using in my build as well...keep the pics rollin!!

Isky

:D:D Luv them Isky cams. I remember when Isky came out with the 5th cycle cam, it seemed like voodoo or something magic. Just the name alone was enough to scare the bejesus out of you.

Don,
I know! When I was growing up... if a guy had a Isky in his motor... he was a serious street racer! Ck this ad from Hot Rod magazine Oct '58! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• isky.jpg
    isky.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 97
Christmas presents!

I've started ordering Christmas presents... I ordered some alum Offy valve covers & this kikkin' new MSD "Ready-to-run" distributor. It can either be run alone or with an MSD spark box. Roller rockers & 3 deuces will make an appearance soon!!!

Ready-To-Run

BoB

Attachments

• pn8524.jpg
    pn8524.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Isky Ad

That Isky ad is cool. The part about Pikes Peak mentions a Jag that won Pikes Peak and driven by Bobby Unser and built by his father. That car is in the Unser Racing Museum here in Albuquerque. If you guys are ever this way you have to go to the museum. There's a ton of history and some really awesome cars of the Unser's. Al Sr. is usually there and he is one of the friendliest guys around.

Let the Christmas presents begin!!!

The 1st stuff came in for my Nailhead build...

BoB

Attachments

• msd.jpg
    msd.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 58
  • offy.jpg
    offy.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 78
Tripper,Those ready to runs are a real nice dizzy.I replaced my points one with one of those last year when I did the upgrade.They also have extra weights that you can replace to gety the curve you may want.Hook up 3 wires and your off and runnin.It dosent get any better than that.

Box 'er in!!!

Well, I've been busy @ work & on another project (fotos later) but I've made progress! I went to ck on the engine rebuild today & some work I'm havin' done on the frame in prep for the motor & tranny install. Crank has been turned & the block has been machined & is ready to go except we're waitin' on the cam which is supposed to be in early next week. Heads have been reworked & are lookin' good!!! Ck these new jugs! 3 deuces setup should be in next week!!!

BoB

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 90
  • heads.jpg
    heads.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 95
  • jugs.jpg
    jugs.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 103
  • boxed.jpg
    boxed.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Don't you just love getting freshly done parts back from the machine shop? :) I always feel like you are making such progress at that point.

Your frame and stuff looks very nice Bob. Bet it's a little tough deciding which project to work on some days, huh? :D:D What is funny is that the oldest rule in car building is NOT to start a second car project until the first one is done...............yet every one of us breaks that rule all the time.

Don

Freshly machined!

Don't you just love getting freshly done parts back from the machine shop? :) I always feel like you are making such progress at that point.

Don,
Yep... I love freshly machined parts. I can't wait till the cam comes in next week & the assembly begins! That's the part I *really* love!

BoB

Movin' on!!!

Well... the Nail is back from the rebuild & is in between the rails for placement! I put some of the goodies on & snapped this one... more later! Back to business!!!

BoB

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 209
Assembling an engine is a most enjoyable activity. I go real slow to make the good feeling last. Your nail looks great, as does your front suspension. I think you have the push bar on the wrong end though???

More positioning fotos!

A few more photos of engine positioning... quick change rear should be in soon!!! Love this sucker to be a roller!!! And here's a close up of the new bullet & fabbin' up motor mounts out of cardboard!

BoB

Attachments

• bullit.jpg
    bullit.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 111
  • nailgoodside.jpg
    nailgoodside.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 140
  • otherside.jpg
    otherside.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 136
  • mm1.jpeg
    mm1.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 148
  • mm2.jpeg
    mm2.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Channel next!

I would like to see more pics of the channel.
Later :cool:

Mudbone,
The channel is comin' up. I'll b workin' on placement of the cab next & then the channel! I ordered the quick change rear with disc brakes that should arrive early next week! Can't wait!!!

BoB

Everything is lookin good Bob, real good. Any word on the 3X2?

Gastrick,
I cry dude!!! I ordered the 3x2 setup today & they said... 4 week delivery. They build them as they're ordered & it appears they r very busy. I got these air filters & this valley cover that has the oil filler & PVC on it so I don't have to put them on the valve covers!

BoB

Attachments

• bbbfilters.JPG
    bbbfilters.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 31
  • bbbfilter.JPG
    bbbfilter.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 67
  • vallcover.jpg
    vallcover.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts