My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back @ it!!!

Well... the previous cats had cut a piece of sheet metal out for a new smooth firewall but that had to go. After removin' about 10 bolts & gettin' back down to the real thing... I deemed this a job for Mr Plasma cutter. I'll pretty it back up with me grinder but will leave the lip on as it's a perfect retainer for the new Bitchin' version! That small sq in the center is the firewall & cowl vent support which I'll deal with directly! Coffee breaks over... back to it!!! I love my plasma cutter!!!

BoB

Attachments

• fireoff.jpg
    fireoff.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 117
  • halfdone.jpg
    halfdone.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 121
  • cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 116
  • bigcut.jpg
    bigcut.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Nearly got that sucker in!!!

Well... I wanted to leave the lip I left around the firewall opening but it wasn't deep enough for the firewall to fit in properly so I used a sawzall, trimmed it up & ground it smooth. Just about got it right & will spot weld it in 1st then weld it in properly. I was also surprised at what a close fit it was... Bitchin' does good work & I really like the look!!!

BoB

Attachments

• cutting.jpg
    cutting.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 103
  • firewallfit.jpg
    firewallfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Nice Job..

Great build thread, Bob. Really like what you are doing.
You must have attended Don's "hot rod building documentry class" ?
Keep up the good work. '22

Way cool Tripper!!

It looks like the cross member bolts in ??

Could I put a crossmember and rack on my 65 F-100, just curious.

I cant wait to see your Truck finished.......

Richard.

It looks like the cross member bolts in ??
Could I put a crossmember and rack on my 65 F-100, just curious.

Richard,
Yes, it's a bolt-in which I'll also weld in. I chose the bolt-in version as you are less likely to make a mistake with this type as it will only fit in one way. I will b running fenders so all this will b hidden but handling will b awesome. Here's a link to Chassis Engineering Inc & I'm sure they have a kit for u're truck...

Chassis Engineering Inc./

BoB

Nailhead may be in Tripper's future?!

Well... I always catch a cold or worse from my grandkids & this year is no exception (bronchitis) so... no progress to report on my PU but... it looks like I might be gettin' a BB Nailhead for the beast. I should know sometime next week. If it works out I'll go with a 3 deuce setup & a 700r4... I definitely have my fingers crossed!

BoB

Easy!

Awsesome looking firewall! I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to attempt to do my 47 like that. Great job.

Falcon,
I bought that from Bitchin' Products, cut the old one out & it fit right in! Had to do a little minor trimming but it was pretty easy.

BoB

Back @ it... finally!!!

Finally!!! After my grandkids left me with a brutal case of bronchitis @ Christmas time, several trips to the Doc, several rounds of meds... I'm finally back amongst the living!!! After a months delay I was back in the shop tryin' to finishin' up the doors for my top chop. I leaned the posts back so this is how I had to cut the doors & today I cut that part out & welded in a new piece. I also welded up some other spots on the door & will go back later & do some finish work. Did the passenger door @ the end of last year & after I do a little finishing on both doors... a litle more on the cab & then back to the frame. Hope to order the quick change rear end shortly & install. More on that later!

BoB

Attachments

• doorstart.jpg
    doorstart.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 165
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 142
  • welded.jpg
    welded.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 156
Man them cooties is bad this time of the year glad your feeling better. The doors to me were the hardest part of the build for me.

Tripped scores BIG 2day!!!!!!!!

I'm finally back amongst the living & was back n the shop doin' some finishing' work on my doors & building some kool work benches but my BIG news is...

Today I finally scored a 425 Nailhead out of a '63 Electra!!! I'll have pictures 2morrow! Gonna tear it down asap & should b n da machine shop late this week!!! Yipppppeeeee!!!!!!!! Believe me... I'm *all* smiles!!! ; - >

BoB

Latest posts

Back