My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to hear the excitement you have ! when I get close to the finish everything changes for the better ( life is good ) ! I'm excited along with you !

G-man,
I am gettin' excited... especially after I looked back & saw I made the 1st post on this build in May of '07! Dang how time slips away! [ddd

BoB

Welding supply!

Hammer down Dude your almost there !! I bet you can almost smell the first start-up smoke now !

G-man... I can!!! Small disappointment tonight though! Ok... I admit it & it drives my wife crazy! When it comes to consumables... whether it be tooth paste or whatever... I'm gonna squeeze every last bit out cause... I paid for it. Well... I went to fire up my welder just now to finish up the flooring structure I built over the weekend & guess what... NO shielding gas! I mean that sucker was on flat zero. I've been on borrowed time for about a week but too chinchy & lazy to filler up! So guess where I'm be tomorrow!?!

BoB

Well I got my gas bottle filled up yesterday & copped some time to weld on my flooring structure today. Here's what I got so far... sorry about the lame phone foto.

BoB

Attachments

• flooring.jpg
    flooring.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 102
Gettin' there!

UPS delivered these new one slot pulleys & here is the 1st real mockup for the flooring. A little trimming & spot welding & there we are. Gonna order a Gennie shifter in just a little & move on down the line!

BoB

Attachments

• 1slot.jpg
    1slot.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 94
  • floortest.jpg
    floortest.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 124
ain't it about time to wrap this build up?:D:D i'm ready to hear that nailhead rumble[dr[dr

Preacher,
Believe me... I want to get this sucka outta my hair & I definitely wanna hear the big beast roar!

Bought some Sanderson headers for the monster this morning... gonna paint 'um black! Gettin' closer & closer to the fire up!

BoB

Attachments

• BNH1.jpg
    BNH1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 19
Flooring

Well... I got most of the flooring cut out & can't wait to button it all up! Guess I better order up a steering column asap! Can't wait to get behind da wheel!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 133
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 116
  • floor3.jpg
    floor3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 138
Tripper,
Glad to see you getting back on this build. Post some video of it cranking it up for the first time, I'd love to hear what it sounds like!

ISore

Well... it's was like Christmas @ the old Tripper's house today! Got my shifter & the Sanderson headers. Man... the headers look beautiful & I'm gonna paint 'um black B4 I install! Just need to make a alternator bracket & get a radiator... then crank 'er up!!! Yipppeee!!! Please forgive the lame car fone fotos!

BoB

Attachments

• nailheaders.jpg
    nailheaders.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 53
  • headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 69
Its lookin great! I really like how the floor is turning out! Cant wait to see those action shots

Latest posts

Back