New and in need of help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynoRon

Hi All
I hail from Wheaton IL. I was brought to this site by googling rat rod pinto. Just a thought. I have a 72 pinto x prostocker with a 351 cleveland. I have owned the car for about 25 years and the engine for about 30. Alot of miles on the car and engine a 1/4 mile at a time. 10.70s 125mph. Now why I am here? I am retiring the car to the street. Cruise nights and car shows. The car does not have alot of leg room.Racers back in the 70s must have been 5 feet tall. How do guys fit in those chopped rods? I have been poking around this site for a while. Im hooked, when I am finished with this little project Im going to be looking for some rust.

Welcome! would like to see some pics!

I think a lot of us lower the seats and move them back in the cabs to get as much room as we can get...

Welcome! would like to see some pics!

I think a lot of us lower the seats and move them back in the cabs to get as much room as we can get...

X2
I am 6'2 1/2 and when my wife saw my current project she wanted to know how I was going to drive it.LOL
6" channel + 4" chop = remove the gas tank from the back of the cab and lower the seats.
Great site with friendly people. Welcome.
Torchie.

fitting in

Hi there from northern Alberta. Welcome to RRR. Some tricks I used are, shorten the back of the seat so you can slide it back three or four more inches, lower the seat bottom, make your steering wheel a little more concave and use a tilt column. I still had to heat the gearshift lever at the floor and bend it away an inch and half so I could have the steering column, my knee and the gearshift all working together, but seperately. Boy, I learned to mock up the interior a few times during the build and look around when your sitting in the seat.:confused:
Keep on tinkering.

When you're 5-9 like I am ya just don't have that to deal with. Now reaching stuff on the top shelf is another matter all together.

Got the solution for you OI...

When you're 5-9 like I am ya just don't have that to deal with. Now reaching stuff on the top shelf is another matter all together.

Amazon.....14 bucks... LOL

Attachments

• Overhead.jpg
    Overhead.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 4
The type of seats are a consideration also. Some have a lot of cushion on the bottom and some don't. I found out that the original VW seats sit about three to four inches lower, than the Volvo seats I'm using. Like has been said already, mounting and placement of everything in the immediate area, is important. Even how far you have to reach for the radio knob. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back