plug wires

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49rat

I was woundering if i crimped 4 plug wires into one, to go to the coil for my flame throwing header, if all 4 spark plugs would fire? I have'nt planted my plugs yet but the coil is their from my old exhaust and before i put 4 plugs in the header, I'd liked to know that they will work.

Attachments

• ratrod2011 007.jpg
    ratrod2011 007.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 37
  • ratrod2011 009.jpg
    ratrod2011 009.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 27
Id think the wires would work but not sure if one coil would put out enough to fire four plugs at once.

With the header tubes that close you shouldnt have to light every tube. They would light eachother. I would just light the middle two.

I was thinking the same 21willies, maybe just the middle two. Now i added some baffles to quite it down and wounder if a flame thrower would work at all??[S I made the baffles and they did quite it a bit, but now it sounds like a tractor.

Attachments

• 2011rat4.jpg
    2011rat4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011rat5.jpg
    2011rat5.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 15
I'm fairly certain only one plug will spark at any given time. But they all may spark randomly, so it might work OK. My guess is one will spark mostly with one or two others sparking rarely.

I was thinking the same 21willies, maybe just the middle two. Now i added some baffles to quite it down and wounder if a flame thrower would work at all??[S I made the baffles and they did quite it a bit, but now it sounds like a tractor.

In my experience sometimes its better to have a little bit of a baffle or muffler then to have straight open pipe. If it flows to easy sometimes it will blow the flame out.

Latest posts

Back