Really?!?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understood they will make you report mileage annually, then tax accordingly

From what I understood they will make you report mileage annually, then tax accordingly

Ahhh, follow the money trail….

Everything here is taxed on value. They look at your bill of sale, and charge tax on what you paid for it, then at renewal time they charge according to pre determined value that is in the system. If you buy vintage tags, you pay once, then never have to register or pay again.

I understand there are some states trying to do a yearly mileage thing. We have that on commercial trucks, each state wants a cut of the tag revenue, so they make you file mileage statements accordingly to how many miles you ran in each state. Same thing with fuel taxes, they all want taxes on the fuel you buy in their state. Overbuy, some states refund it, others give you a credit, underbuy, they charge the crap outta you!

I remember reading a few western states, Oregon, Washington, maybe California were trying a GPS mileage tracker for tax purposes. Haven’t heard how that came out. I’m not in favor of anybody tracking my movements or mileage. That’s a little too much big brother to me.

Ahhh, follow the money trail….

Everything here is taxed on value. They look at your bill of sale, and charge tax on what you paid for it, then at renewal time they charge according to pre determined value that is in the system. If you buy vintage tags, you pay once, then never have to register or pay again.

I understand there are some states trying to do a yearly mileage thing. We have that on commercial trucks, each state wants a cut of the tag revenue, so they make you file mileage statements accordingly to how many miles you ran in each state. Same thing with fuel taxes, they all want taxes on the fuel you buy in their state. Overbuy, some states refund it, others give you a credit, underbuy, they charge the crap outta you!

I remember reading a few western states, Oregon, Washington, maybe California were trying a GPS mileage tracker for tax purposes. Haven’t heard how that came out. I’m not in favor of anybody tracking my movements or mileage. That’s a little too much big brother to me.

Exactly, I'm in one of those Nanny states that wants to charge us yearly mileage. And yes they have talked about tracking. They can suck it. I have a feeling if they do this they will go away from a classic plate that is a one-time registration and you will have to reregister it every year. You're right it's all a money game it's ridiculous. They will have to pry the keys for my hot rods out of my cold dead hands

15 minute cities are about convenience. I have everything I need within 15 minutes of me. Many people erroneously believe they're about control.

I do too, but I have to drive 15 miles to get to a decent sized small town! My little town has a grocery store, two gas stations, a auto parts and hardware store, a Dollar General that also sells groceries, a mechanic shop if you can get him to do anything, a post office, two good restaurants and one fast food joint, and until last year, a bank. There wasn’t enough businesses in town to support the bank.
The small town has a Walmart, two Dollar Generals, a building supply, three banks, several restaurants, three auto parts stores, three new car dealerships and two used car places, a tractor dealership, two farm cooperatives, the county courthouse and jail.

Our population is about 1500, the main small town is about 9000. County population is probably 30,000. More of us live outside of the towns than in them.
I wouldn’t want it any other way…

Bob, you are not wrong. The 15 minute cities are all about having as many people as close together as possible. That 15 minutes is WALKING distance to everything you need.

They want to cram everyone into a very large city that takes hours to get across, or longer. They have everything set up so all you need is within walking distance. Then they provide public transportation for you to get to work need if its not in walking distance. There is no space designed into them that allows any vehicle storage or parking beyond a bicycle.

If they get that accomplish, they can control what things gets distributed to your area along with what quantiles your area gets, and what quality those items are. They do not have control if you can get what you need without them.

Some of you guys need to read about those 15 minute cities. They are suppose to be for your convivence, but if you look into how that convivence is going to limit you for the "betterment" of the city, you might understand what it really is all about.
Ask your self, what happens if the are you live in their 15 minute city and their eservices don't work as they present the plan, then tell me how often the governments plans don't work well for most people.

Tripper, if this is not permitted, please delete this post.
This is supposed to be a political free forum but, the old advice "if ya don't have anything nice to say" or "I'll let someone else take care of it" doesn't apply in this case.
If people don't start standing up for their rights, they'll just steam roll over us with their agendas. Please be proactive, understand what's at stake here so we don't lose our freedoms.
P.S this is not only about our hotrods.

Old Iron, Texass has more than it's fair share of morons in office! A couple years ago they tried to make it where you couldn't title a dune buggy... they definitely weren't ready for the hell that came their way! o_O

Old Iron, it’s not really political in the political party sense, it’s more those of us with common sense against those with some book learning and no common sense! I call them educated idiots, and both parties are full of them!

Just like the current push to transform us to EV’s without thinking through the entire process. Common sense will tell you that you have to have the infrastructure to support whatever you’re changing to, and in this case it’s not there yet and may never be. If they would use their brains and calculators they could see the truth instead of preaching the lie. The whole thing is money driven, follow the money trail and see who benefits the most…it won’t be the common taxpayers for sure.

On a side note. Hertz is selling off most of its EV fleet already, citing operational costs. I think others may well follow soon….

California Air Resource Board or “CARB”.

You can’t make this stuff up but apparently someone did. Can I get two?

On one acronym I just changed two of the words around, I call it DIE. But let’s not go there.

Don’t know about other states but Florida seems a very classic car friendly state. No more emission inspections, it was a waste. Classic tags after 30 years are half price.

After 60 you can get a lifetime tag and you can also use original tags that you can find on eBay or flea markets that have the original year, you just send them off to be verified and you can run it but it must be a Florida tag.

Also lenient when it comes to street rods, special equipment etc.

As far as mileage goes all the numbers on my odometer are faded off I guess I’m “exempt”

CT has classic plates after 25 years. The 87 Suzuki I have cost $9 in taxes a year and Haggerty insurance with motor club option ~$150 no mileage restrictions. CT seems to be a classic friendly state because there is some crazy stuff at the cars shows with tags on them. Jim

Texass has really gotten lax on inspections & I've had inspectors just ask if everything's working before giving the ok. They used to be real strict & check your headlight angles, wipers, tires, working parking brake, emissions etc... that's gone by the wayside! I guess one reason is the fee is so small now the shop doesn't care anymore! We also don't need any inspections if you register as a classic or antique!

BoB

This will be the first old car I will be registering. My boy wanted get QQ plates here in NJ for the 68 Nova and he had to provide pictures. The car was originally yellow and we shot it blue....they said he couldn't get QQ plates cause it needed to be the original color. In addition it had billet wheels on it and that was a no go as well. He ended up getting regular plates for it.

Latest posts

Back