Sam Fears's Olds Section Poll

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

section or not

• yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not going to say because I thought he was crazy to attempt the chop and it turned out perfect so whatever he wants to do I will be watching with faith that it will turn out great!

I say go for it.. like TI said after his awesome job on the chop.. I think He can pull of the section!

I think Sam can do whatever he sees in his head. He has the ability to understand what metal should stay, and what should go. So much hidden talent, that if he ever turns loose, he may be the next well know car customizer.

I say yes if he wants to tackle a project like that more power to him and I will be watch'n how he does it[P, the top turned out great and was way more than most of us would have ever attemped to do.
Go for it Sam, thats what winters are for[;)

I really like the car as is, but i know he has the vision and talent to pull it off..you may proceed:D:D LOL

I think Sam can do whatever he sees in his head. He has the ability to understand what metal should stay, and what should go. So much hidden talent, that if he ever turns loose, he may be the next well know car customizer.

You mean he might get the same recognition as Donsrods? Heck of an endorsment there :D

I tend to agree though. He has the vision to see it and know what will visually work and what won't, plus he definetly has the talent...as long as his hat shrinkage doesn't cut off to much circulation:D

And to think that I knew him when he was just a rodder!:D. No bs Sam, you've done a great job on the olds..can't wait to see what's next.[cl

To make it more interesting I think he should do a wedge section 4" to 6" in the front to nothin in the back [ddd

Jim [ddev

Don't do it!!! Your Olds turned out so well I wouldn't take the chance. Plenty of "practice" bodies out there to section. You already expressed a concern about sectioning a torpedo back body.

Standard RRR Disclaimer: It's your car, do whatever you want.

Don't do it!!! Your Olds turned out so well I wouldn't take the chance. Plenty of "practice" bodies out there to section. You already expressed a concern about sectioning a torpedo back body.

Standard RRR Disclaimer: It's your car, do whatever you want.

I agree with bob w. I've watched Sams build and would hate to see messed with since I think its badass. What if it doesn't turn out the way he likes it and all that work down the drain. Maybe after a PhotoShop it would grow on me. But till then I vote no. My 2 cents.

Bob, this IS the practice car. A $500 rusted out 4door with barely a decent piece of chrome left on it. For perspective, in a hundred years it'll be part of a drainage pipe somewhere and I'll be a name on a stone.

So now, lets live fearless and paint the landscapes of our lives with bold strokes and vibrant colors!

...as long as they're flat black. ;)

To make it more interesting I think he should do a wedge section 4" to 6" in the front to nothin in the back [ddd

Jim [ddev

A little section goes a long way. The width of a car from top to bottom changes quite a bit. ....finding spots to cut that are close to the same width is a challenge.

I say it is a cool car as is. Drive the wheels off of it!

Last edited:
I didn't vote yes or no because I'm with the crowd that thinks Sam has a good eye and will know if it's the right thing to do. With that being said, I think sometimes when a car is done...it's done, and further major body modifications may not improve the overall look but may increase the "holy cow look at that" factor. I think Sam's car looks awesome as is but might look good sectioned also........but with very little section. The car is pretty long and in my opinion may start to look squashed instead of stylish with too much sectioned out. Either way, Sam did a super job on that very difficult chop. I'm impressed.

Thanks for the interest in my Olds fellas, but the fact is a section wouldn't happen until the beginning of 2013 at the earliest ....if at all. After some photochopping I'm not sure about how the front and rear would look. So I'm unless I figure out something it's a no-go.

Latest posts

Back