Sometimes D-Bay'er are funny.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
I have been known to give a fellow builder a brake on parts. I even sold to a guy that I knew he wasn’t a builder, but he would buy some of the odds and ends that no one else bothered with. He would stop by every once in a while to see what I had to sale, we would always do the song and dance on what it is worth then he would always ask “Are you still asking to much for that Diamond T” then I would listen to him jaw about how it is not worth more then a couple hundred and how far out of line my asking price is blah blah blah. Last month he picked up a Diamond T from someone I know (the buyer didn’t know that I know the seller) and parted it out on D-bay. I watched what he was selling and what it went for, and also watched what he was listing things for on buy it now not for auction.

He is making a good killing on the old truck. Enough to make him want to talk to me again about mine, even though I’m out of line on what I’m asking. I get the same song and dance he always does, but this time I have a card up my sleeve. I told him, I might think I was out of line if it was a fresh for the farmer field. But the cab shell has all the tin work done, it is ready for blasting, a little bond, then it is ready for paint. The doors are in really good shape and the fenders only need a little more work done to be ready for finish. The only thing that doesn’t have any work done on them is the hood and grill shroud. So I really don’t think I’m out of line at $1800.

I told him besides that, some guy on D-Bay has a field find gutted cab shell with the back panel rusted out (and other rust issues) and no work has been done to it other then tearing it a part and piece milling it. And he wants almost $1500 for that. The phone went silent for a second then he thanked me for my time and hung up.

I think he figured out I knew it was him.

Well the guy came over today bearing gifts, Ok not really. I have to post pics tomorrow of what he brought for trade. They costed me 3 heater units, a hood, one window crank and two marker lights. But they were something I have been wanting for a long time, and I know I was on the winning end of the stick this time.

Latest posts

Back