Titles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbrktracer

OK guys, where can I get help with paper work. My state requires a title and the 2 trucks I'm looking at(50 Chevy & 51 Ford) have none.

some states like alabama didn't have titles till 75, i know there are others. not sure about the calun state if you know someone in a state that didn't have one it could be easy.

I bought a car with a title signed by a buyer and seller but never transfered to the 2nd party. Didnt think it would be a big deal but it was. Couldnt get the previous owner to work with me on it. Ended up selling that one.
The 47 I have now has a title from the 50s which doesnt look anything like they do now so the title company wouldnt touch it and the DMV wants me to do a bonded title which is time consuming and expensive. Its now going to be a drag car.
Get a good current clean title before you commit to buying anything

Signed off titles that have the buyer filled in are just a worthless piece of paper.
Also remember the vehicle still legally belongs to someone else if you don't have a title in your name. You could fix it all up to go drag racing and someone could show up with a wrecker and take it.

Signed off titles that have the buyer filled in are just a worthless piece of paper.
Also remember the vehicle still legally belongs to someone else if you don't have a title in your name. You could fix it all up to go drag racing and someone could show up with a wrecker and take it.

Yeah the officer at the DMV said the title isnt worth much but the notorized bill of sale would work in an instance like that. Just cant get a title transfer with what I have[S

Here in the state of Washington all we supposedly need is a bill of sale for the body,the frame, and the engine. A number of rodders here have all told me this so hope its true when i go to title mine next spring:confused:

if you go that way in washington your "real title" takes three years yes you can drive and sell it but the "owner" can claim it. It may be diffrent with all new parts.

Latest posts

Back