What is it ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Well-known member
Jul 3, 2011
I bought an Chavy automatic transmission for my PU project . It has a big 3 with an A beside it on the bell housing and some wires beside the tail shaft . Being a 4 speed guy I'm not up on automatics . What transmission do I have here ? I bought it as a 700-R4 .

Will I need a computer to run it ?

Thx ,
good question I got one that has 7R on the bell but no wires ,, I think this means its a 700 ? that means its a 4 speed as long as you have the right converter correct ?
If it is a 700r4 you will not need a computer.
Pics will let us give you a definitive answer.
Last edited:

Latest posts