'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the headlight move, Look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Old Iron.
I think it will work for me. If nothing else I can get it on the road and still be able to change things up before paint.

Hmmm.... I like the new headlight position. Much better. [cl

When you fill in the old headlight dents, it might be cool to use the location for some low profile turn signal lights. Since you gotta' work the area anyway. Eh?

THanks Skip.
I converted the side mount cowl lights to take a 1157 bulb for turn signals and marker lights. So I plan on just filling in the holes and contouring the fender tops to match. A simple one day job that will probably take me a week.
I got nothing but time so it's all good.

I got the head lights, tail lights, cowl lights, horns, and all the under hood wiring done today. Getting close to having the wiring done.

Kinda putting off the stuff under the dash until the stitches have time to do some good. Those contortionist moves are hard on me.

Well it's been a heck of an ordeal but after getting cut on twice and 2 weeks of lab test they think they got all of the skin cancer on my back. I hope so it makes my grey hair turn white.

I have managed to almost get my wiring done. Need to get my brake system finished so I can run the stop light circuit. For some reason when I turn on the emergency flashers, I only have one light flashing on the right front. Got turn signals all the way around so I don't know what the heck is going on there.

I'll get it figured out sometime, I'm too hard headed to give up.

Brakes and a drive shaft and we'll be going for a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 106
Lights give it that "I'm almost there" feel

Looking good Sir. Glad things are going well with the medical stuff.
Can't wait to see that start-up drive away video [P

Looks good Pops....

Getting that wiring done.....cool....closer to a driver...[cl...thoughts always towards you getting healthy.......:D

I wish I had thought if putting my front turn signals there. [dr

I can't seem to decide where I want them. So they are temporarily stuck in harms way. :rolleyes: Different lights in a different location someday.

Attachments

• P3300081.jpg
    P3300081.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 21
Thanks guys. This skin cancer thing seems to be a major problem for me at this time of my life. Way back when, we never gave sun screen a seconds thought. I grew up at the lake swimming, water skiing, fishing, racing blown jet boats, drinking beer and sun burning. Not necessarily in that order.
It was a fun time but I'm paying for it now.

Looking good Sir. Glad things are going well with the medical stuff.
Can't wait to see that start-up drive away video [P

What Soltz said x2.

Me too!!!!! I don't lack that much but it just seems like it takes forever for me to get things done lately.

The tailgate bed and bumper with the lights are outstanding - nice work.

Hang in there.[/QUOTE)
Thanks. I may change the rear lights for something a little smaller. These were what I had and didn't cost any thing so I used them.
I'm hanging on for dear life.

Great news on the medical stuff POPS.[cl
And the truck ain't looking so bad either....:D
Torchie

Thanks Torchie. All these medical dilemma's get to working on my head with all the what ifs and might happens. It doesn't help when friends and relatives my age and younger are dying.

Really looking good.

Thanks Bud.

She is looking great. I know you will get if figured out on the light thing. Keep on keeping on and you know we are praying for ya brother. [cl

Thanks. It's something I did or didn't do on my wiring problem I'm sure. Just need to go back and check it out after walking away from it for a day or two.
All the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. I just give it up to God and do what I can.

Getting that wiring done.....cool....closer to a driver...[cl...thoughts always towards you getting healthy.......:D

Yep it's getting pretty exciting. I feel like a kid with a new pup sometimes.
Remember when we took being healthy for granted?

I wish I had thought if putting my front turn signals there. [dr

I can't seem to decide where I want them. So they are temporarily stuck in harms way. :rolleyes: Different lights in a different location someday.

It seemed like the perfect spot to me. And they make a kit to turn the cowl parking lights into Turn signal/park lights with new reflectors. Easy--Peasy.

Give me a brake.

I got a new Dakota brake booster/master cylinder mounted up today. I had to do a little southern engineering/grinding to get it to mate up with the pedal assembly but it's going my way now. Just need to modify the rod to the brake pedal and get the stroke right. More brake parts will be here tomorrow late so maybe I'll have brakes next week.

Brakes are a good things!

Seriously running out of room on the drivers side.

STILL HAVING FUN!!

Attachments

• IMG_3607 (2).jpg
    IMG_3607 (2).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3608 (2).jpg
    IMG_3608 (2).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3610 (2).jpg
    IMG_3610 (2).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts