'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical day in paradise. Broke the resistor, ran out of connectors, the DD Cummins wouldn't start, had to buy 2 new batteries, and mashed my dang finger.

Did manage to get a few wires terminated. It's getting kinda busy in the center of the cowl.

Tomorrow's a new day and hopefully a better one.
Life is still good!

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 39
It looks like a nice neat kind of busy, though. [cl

That's some really nice wire work Pops..dangfinejob! [cl

Tlhanks guys. Still plugging along slowly.
I had to have another round of this dang skin cancer surgery today so that will slow me down for a couple of days. I can't raise my left arm higher than my shoulder so.......

I did decide on the headlight situation. I went with a smaller light and moved them in close to the center section. If I could get away with it I'd leave them off.

And she said "do my small head lights make my voluptuous fenders look big?"

Attachments

• IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3556 (2).jpg
    IMG_3556 (2).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 46
Seems like there's always something trying to get you down.
A state cop friend says your head lights can't be obstructed.
That's coming from a peace officer that runs around in a '56 cheby with the headers uncapped half the time. He said that I could probably get away with it until some evening when I run across a cop that thinks its unsafe.

So there they are in all there glory. I may take them off after the inspection.

I-R-POPS, I stopped in at a friends house today and looked his build over. Believe it or not, he's building a '46/'47 Dodge on a Dakota with 318LA in it. Blue even.
Keep on tinkering.

Attachments

• IMG_3647.JPG
    IMG_3647.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3649 (1).JPG
    IMG_3649 (1).JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3648.JPG
    IMG_3648.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 35
Tlhanks guys. Still plugging along slowly.
I had to have another round of this dang skin cancer surgery today so that will slow me down for a couple of days. I can't raise my left arm higher than my shoulder so.......

I did decide on the headlight situation. I went with a smaller light and moved them in close to the center section. If I could get away with it I'd leave them off.

And she said "do my small head lights make my voluptuous fenders look big?"

They look like they fit good with the lines in close like that.[cl

I-R-POPS, I stopped in at a friends house today and looked his build over. Believe it or not, he's building a '46/'47 Dodge on a Dakota with 318LA in it. Blue even.
Keep on tinkering.

I really like this body style. I don't think that's a '46/'47 Dodge. Like flipper
said, it may be a Fargo. The nose sheet metal is different.
Cool looking truck.

she is looking good my friend. I like the lights in close. It reminds me of the 38 chevy in the garage. small, and "almost" out of sight. I will continue praying for that thing named cancer. remember "if it has a name, it is under a higher authority and has to bow down". And we both know who the BOSS is my friend.

Keep at the awesome workmanship. Your talent is amazing. [P

Flipper and I-R-POPS, Ya, I think it is a Fargo. There are no emblems on the side of the hood on this truck, not even any holes to attach them with. He's going to put Fargo emblems on there. I was either too sloppy at collecting information or too sloppy at telling the story.

Hmmm.... I like the new headlight position. Much better. [cl

When you fill in the old headlight dents, it might be cool to use the location for some low profile turn signal lights. Since you gotta' work the area anyway. Eh?

she is looking good my friend. I like the lights in close. It reminds me of the 38 chevy in the garage. small, and "almost" out of sight. I will continue praying for that thing named cancer. remember "if it has a name, it is under a higher authority and has to bow down". And we both know who the BOSS is my friend.

Keep at the awesome workmanship. Your talent is amazing. [P

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers brother. This one was the worst yet. It's going to be a long 10 to 14 days to get the lab results. What ever it brings, we'll just have to deal with it. It's in the right hands and I just give it up to the good Lord.

Latest posts

Back