'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skip, just because I-R-POPS has the coolest signal lights and they're Dodge doesn't mean you can't steal the idea ---- and the cowl lights and put them on the Ford, somewhere. That would make you a little Dodgey, though.
And another off-the-wall thought. Would your '38 headlight buckets have the same curve as the '35/36 Ford ones? If so, Juliano's sells some pretty nice little piggyback signal lights for a '36 that just might fit on your headlights. They are clear glass looking, but flash in a colour not so much amber but urine on a bad day, colour. Here's a picture of mine on a '36.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 38
So I leave you alone for a couple days and now you have lights and brakes :eek: Gees what's the world coming to [ddd
[cl Lookin great :cool:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Skip, just because I-R-POPS has the coolest signal lights and they're Dodge doesn't mean you can't steal the idea ---- and the cowl lights and put them on the Ford, somewhere. That would make you a little Dodgey, though.
And another off-the-wall thought. Would your '38 headlight buckets have the same curve as the '35/36 Ford ones? If so, Juliano's sells some pretty nice little piggyback signal lights for a '36 that just might fit on your headlights. They are clear glass looking, but flash in a colour not so much amber but urine on a bad day, colour. Here's a picture of mine on a '36.
Hmmmmm. Those look like '61 VW turn signals. But those aren't cheap around here either. Something will turn up. For now, the $9.95-on-sale re-purposed HF magnetic tow lights will serve.

Thanks for the idea jump-start!

Pops, I think we all take our bodies and health for granted
when we are younger. on the upside...... being this close to
being able to cruz has to feel good[cl[cl[cl

Yep, If I only knew then what I know now I would probably done the same thing and worried about it later. Just like I did.

Really looking forward to getting this thing on the road.

Hmmmmm. Those look like '61 VW turn signals. But those aren't cheap around here either. Something will turn up. For now, the $9.95-on-sale re-purposed HF magnetic tow lights will serve.

Thanks for the idea jump-start!

I know where there is a set like mine but they are in pretty bad shape. Kinda like mine were before working them over. If you're interested I can see if they are still there.

Last edited:
My alternator wasn't showing charge so I went and bought a rebuilt one at NAPA. Put it on and still nothing. So I took both of them back and had them checked, like I should have in the first place. Both were good.

It helps if you feed it with an exciter wire. I must be slipping. Especially when the wiring harness has one in it. The only excuse I can come up with is I've had a lot going on in the last couple of weeks.

Got the pcv valve and valve cover breather in place. Painted the brake booster and master cylinder.

Got the parts for the front brakes for next weeks project.

I know this is pretty exciting but try to contain your enthusiasm.

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 33
I know where there is a set like mine but they are in pretty bad shape. Kinda like mine were before working them over. If you're interested I can see if they are still there.
Thank you for your kind offer, good Sir.
I honestly don't even know what your lights look like. I was just kind of impressed with the location. I keep hoping for something a little different, but haven't found it yet.

Hold the presses! I found them on page 67. Yes please, if it is not too much trouble, see if they are still available. Perfect is not required. As my best friend says, "Its a rat rod." I know just where to put those little bullets.

Thank you for your kind offer, good Sir.
I honestly don't even know what your lights look like. I was just kind of impressed with the location. I keep hoping for something a little different, but haven't found it yet.

Hold the presses! I found them on page 67. Yes please, if it is not too much trouble, see if they are still available. Perfect is not required. As my best friend says, "Its a rat rod." I know just where to put those little bullets.

Skip, I'll check the first part on the week and see if they are still there.
Here's a better pic of the lights. If you look on page 10 of my build you can see how I fixed mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3595 (2).jpg
    IMG_3595 (2).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 30
I gotta ask, what did you use to paint your master cylinder? I can't seem to get one bled without getting brake fluid all over it.

Lookin' good.

I gotta ask, what did you use to paint your master cylinder? I can't seem to get one bled without getting brake fluid all over it.

Lookin' good.

I used Duplicolor hi temp engine enamel with ceramic. It supposed to be chemical resistant. I've used it before and it seems to hold up pretty well.

I hear you on the brake fluid all over it, and everything else in my case.

I know this is pretty exciting but try to contain your enthusiasm.

Pops, you might not believe it but we do get enthused when we see how close you are to that "ride"...
Millions of little moves go on during the build and you are getting close!

Skip, I'll check the first part on the week and see if they are still there.
Here's a better pic of the lights. If you look on page 10 of my build you can see how I fixed mine.
Much appreciated that you will take a look on my behalf.

Nice job on fixing yours. I have been following this thread and stealing idea all along. Very impressive.

Those little guys look like they were made for right here. See that oval where it used to say Ford 85?

Attachments

• P3300082.jpg
    P3300082.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 20
Any one know which line on the master cylinder on a 1999 to 2003 Dodge Dakota is for the front brakes?

It is a disc/drum set up so I would think there is a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
I know that GM the Front is the front and the back

is to the back....not sure about Mopar....but I'd assume they are the same as GM....

The largest reservoir goes to the front brakes. The way that Wilwood prop valve is plumbed, it goes to the back brakes, it looks like that mc has the front brakes being fed from the rear port.

The largest reservoir goes to the front brakes. The way that Wilwood prop valve is plumbed, it goes to the back brakes, it looks like that mc has the front brakes being fed from the rear port.

Thanks for the input Bama. I found a brake line diagram on line that confirms your thoughts. It would have been embarrassing when I plumbed in a line lock to the rear brakes. That would kinda kill the moment wouldn't it.

Latest posts

Back