My new home!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronFreak

I got to say, just by reading some threads, and the great POSITIVE responses that are shared I'm going to love this site. I spent a LOT of time on a.....different site doing research for my build, but was hesitant to start a thread. Well you guys get the honors!

A little about me......

I'm 28, married and about a year ago decided I wanted to be a fulltime student again. That being said I love cars, things that go fast, racing and most of all custom fabrication. I work in the steel industry and have been around welding and steel for a long time. I have motor oil in my veins thanks to my grandpa (R.I.P.) when he had me wrenching on is rods starting from the time I could walk.

My grandpa inspired my soon to be build, he left this world a couple months ago, and all the memories he impressed upon me have led to the rat I'll be building in his memory........

It's be a b@$t@rd rat at that, it's a 52' Chevy cab, custom chassis, and I'm going to try my hand at a custom mustang II front end.........with a Ford power plant, strictly because it was free.....and a built 9" from a jeep project I never used it on………Remember, I’m a MARRIED COLLEGE STUDENT……..financial funds are slim if ever directed to the “rat fund”. So I’ll be getting VERY creative on this build.

Until that thread starts.......(probably this weekend) IronFreak out.

Great intro man. [cl. Can't wait to see your build get started. :D. And welcome to the site. There are ALOT of knowledgeable people here willing to help.

I built a tribute to my father aftr he passed away. It sure helped me with the closure. I am looking forward to seeing a pic of this B------- Rat. Ask and learn. Heck, maybe even teach some of us something. Welcome from OKLA

Welcome to RRR! A lot of on the cheap builds on here. Just build it safe. And post some pics of your pile of parts!

Thanks guys! will do. Working for a steel company and having a very large warehouse of steel it'll make the project easier and cheaper. This weekend I plan on building a bunch of butt-welding clips, laying out the cab and maybe if time allows pulling out the cutoff wheel.

welcome

we like tribute builds here, got 2 of 'em myself.

when ya start a build thread stick a lotta pics in, we are a visua bunch[P

ford in a chevy, that outta get some comments on the car circuit:D

l get flak all the time for chevy power in all 3 of my mopars.

Later :cool:

Ford power is somewhat foreign to me, I've always been a Chevy guy myself........if I had to choose that is. 2 reasons for the ford...1. Grandpa was either a mopar or ford guy, he built a 53 stude and dropped a H.O. 302 in it. He had a tasteful way of going against the grain........2. it was free!

Welcome to RRR! A lot of on the cheap builds on here. Just build it safe. And post some pics of your pile of parts!

Sam_fear.............[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl.....to your twisted LS build. You're a man after my own heart, depending on when I get my ride put together, it'll have a pretty sick twist in it as well........but I like suprises so you'll have to wait and see.........

So what is that Ford motor.... 302 also?

Yeah it's a roller 302 out of a 94' ,F-150. My wife's father parts out vehicles, he picked this one up at an auction. He scrapped the truck and just had the motor sitting there. I asked if I could buy it and he told me no.....but said I could have it as a wedding present. (best one I got, what man wouldn't want a motor for a wedding present!?)

Welcome to the Triple R
What will you be majoring in ?

I'm finishing up my bachelors in Project Management, I went to a trade school for a number of years to get a load of welding experience but never finished a degree..........then I hit that "glass ceiling" people are always talking about. You need money to have hobbies.....even if it is piecing really old steel together. So I dove back into school. I have about a year left, then as of now God willing, continue on to get my Masters.

Welcome...and glad your going back to school. Hope to see a thread build soon...gonna have to watch it [P

Thomas [;)

Latest posts

Back