My new project. Sedan/truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd think about sticking with the green since the motor is already that color. I'd think getting it red will be a PITA. Strip, and repaint. If you just paint over it then have a chip or the red flakes off a bit, you'll have bright green dots with red - Christmas ruined that color combo.

Besides, I really dig that color of green. One of my favorites.

I'm a green guy too. If it weren't painted at all yet, I'd probably vote for copper or something darker, but since it's already green and looks as good as it does, just go with it!

You've done some fine work. Patience and time can yield outstanding results that off the shelf stuff just can't equal.

Thanks everyone. Yeah i think ive made the decision to stick with the green. i like it. and alot less work. I am eventually repaint the whole car. minus the motor and wheels. but not any time soon.

Distributor, coil, and wires

The motor was running rough and missfiring alot. so i figured the points were worn out and wires were bad and so on, so i just decided to go with an electronic distributor. It was a kit called flamethrower that came with the distributor, coil, and plug wires, all for 200 which was pretty decent for all that. When i got it all hooked up and i fired it up, it ran so much better. an occasional misfire in one cylinder but i assume its just a spark plug, since i haven't replaced those. Anyways, here's some pics. I used a mounting kit for the wires to make it look clean. And i know.... the wires are red and it makes the car look like christmas. But they are just temporary. Im eventually going to get either green or black wires. Its just all i could afford and find right now. Here's as a pic.
DSCN1153.jpg

Seats

Unfortunately i can't take the credit for the idea and design of these seats. I saw a thread on how to make these seats and i just thought it was the coolest thing. So i decided to go with making these since my theme is going to be spider webs. Here is the original thread on it.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7631
So anyways, here is how i made them. Im sure the dimensions are different than the ones in the original thread. I made mine to fit in my car. I will take dimensions and post them later.
First i cut all the peices to size. I used angle iron for the bottom sides and two pieces of square tubing to brace it at the bottom where the padding will sit on.
DSCN1160.jpg

Then i used square tubing for the back rest, and added two peices of flat bar to the back where the padding will bolt to. Then i started adding some webbing.
DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

Seats

Some more webbing added.
DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1170.jpg

I will post more as i go. I'm going to use wood for the seat and lay some padding on it and cover it in black vinyl. The im going to paint the frame black and the webbing green.

seats

I got the vinyl and padding today. Got everything finished on the first seat. What i did for the padding was cut a peice of MDF particle board into the size i wanted for the seat and then laid padding over it and just covered it in vinyl and stapled it to the back side. Very easy. Here are pics of the finished seat.
ekqr7s.jpg

21nh94x.jpg

Thanks. They came out better than i thought it would. And it was alot easier doing the webbing than i thought. that was my first attempt at welding a spider web design.

velocity stacks

i finally finished my velocity stacks. haven't had alot of time lately. finally managed to squeeze in some time to finish them. here are some pics.
DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

thanks guys. im putting in my 5 point harnesses today and trying to finish the brakes. maybe take it for a ride today.

well i finished putting in the seat belts. i left out the crotch strap. but the brakes i haven't been able to fix yet because i couldn't find the wheel cylinders i needed anywhere. so i got a couple rebuild kits today. hopefully those work.
DSCN1229.jpg

thanks.. yeah they are surprisingly comfortable. i feel safe strapped into them haha

Taillights

im using these tail lights i have for the brakes and blinkers. i made these brackets from a peice of flat bar. just bent them and then cut a peice to weld on to make the angle. i know its not the best bracket.. but i just wanted to get these lights thrown on so i can get this car legal. so here is some pics of what i did the other day. today i got the other light mounted and the blinkers wired up. but not the brake switch yet.
DSCN1279.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

DSCN1283.jpg

DSCN1284.jpg

Latest posts

Back