My new project. Sedan/truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! the car is almost done! All that is left is front blinkers, brake light switch, and to fix a leak that looks like its coming from the timing chain cover. I can't wait.

Brake switch

This is the bracket i made for the brake switch, which is under the floor board. its not pretty because im not worried about anyone looking under the car at it lol. but it works
DSCN1289.jpg

Also here is the 3 way toggle switch i am using for my blinkers. Flip it left and the left blinkers come on - Flip it right and the right blinkers come on - Flip it to the center and they are off.

DSCN1291.jpg

Front Blinkers

I went to this motorcycle shop by my house and asked if they had any cheap blinkers laying around. He found these laying around and sold them to me for 20 bucks. when new they are about 100 atleast. So i sanded them down a little and painted them black to get rid of the chrome. I bolted them through the original holes in the cowl. im not sure what they were used for back then, but i think it was for some kind of light. Here's some pics.
DSCN1293.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

Drawing

i couldn't sleep tonight and got bored, and drew this picture. its what i want it to look like when im done. maybe the wood top. not sure yet. but here is the pic
CCF06242009_00000.jpg

you know i thought of that too but i didn't know the laws. i will go check with the guy i bought them from

Nice drawing and progress cmc. The fellas are right, you may catch some grief from the law for the forward facing red lights. It's illegal in most states. Since they were rear motorcycle turn signals though, it shouldn't be much of a problem finding amber lenses if you need to.

thanks gastrick. yeah i went to the store and got some orange lenses today. no problems

i didn't set up the steering myself.. the guy who owned it before me did. but i will take pictures and post them tomorrow

Blinker lights on dash

I bought these little indicator lights from an auto part store today and put them in my dash as blinker lights to tell remind me that my blinkers are on.
DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1309.jpg

Grill

I finally was able to get around to finishing my grill. The guy who owned the car before me had started on it but never finished. So i just finished where he left off. I just added some more webbing and some brackets so i could bolt them to the grill shell, and painted it green. here are some pics
DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1310.jpg

DSCN1313.jpg

DSCN1315.jpg

Recent Pictures

I took the car for a drive on my street the other day and took some recent pictures. Here's a few.
DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1346-1.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1340.jpg

You've done a great job updating and finishing your ride. You also have one of the best step by step threads on your progress........now GO ENJOY IT!!!

Thanks alot old gold! Thats really good to hear. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it

Latest posts

Back