Paranormal, Inhuman and Other Mysterious Stuff

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was 14 my mother passed from cancer, this left me and my older sister(17) living with my grandfather who was a over the road trucker. Me and my sister were often home alone. We lived in my grandfather's house that he had built and were his wife, my moms mom had passed of cancer 2 years to the day of the same cancer in the same room as my mom had. Me and my sister and mom had just moved to Grand Haven Mi just before she passed and bib not really no anyone. About six months after mom died my sister was on a date with a boy and had to stop by the house for something and just ran in for a minute while he stayed in the car, he did not know she had died, after a few minutes my sister came out of the house and they started on there way, he asked her if that was her mom on the front porch in her robe smokeing a cig, he described her to a tee. true story.

Wow! Who would have thought so many people have experienced this kind of stuff. Absolutely fascinating.
I sometimes have "reliving" episodes. It's kind of hard to describe, but sometimes in a few moments in time I know what is going to happen next. Like I'm reliving these few moments. It's only for a second or two, but I've had people say something that I knew they were going to say. It only happens once in a while, like once a year or so.
Not sure if I've described that very well :confused:

My grandpa's house was haunted. Used to be the old schoolhouse outside of Webbers falls, Oklahoma. It was wild. At one point in its history, it had an outhouse. Certain times of evening if you were in the back yard by the storm cellar, you could see a lady come off the back porch. She would walk across the lawn to where the outhouse used to be. Open the door and slowly vanish into it. Late at night you could hear couples arguing. The house liked my grandpa. Nothing ever bothered him there. When he died in February of 1980, my uncle rented the place out but no one could stay very long. It got creepy. All the trees in the yard died. And soon the house just burned down. It was like it didnt want anyone else in it. Now its a cow field. Even the cows wont graze to close to the old foundation. I drive by whenever I go back to Oklahoma and just sit for awhile and look at the place.

Wow! Who would have thought so many people have experienced this kind of stuff. Absolutely fascinating.
I sometimes have "reliving" episodes. It's kind of hard to describe, but sometimes in a few moments in time I know what is going to happen next. Like I'm reliving these few moments. It's only for a second or two, but I've had people say something that I knew they were going to say. It only happens once in a while, like once a year or so.

In the near future technology will give us virtual reality like the holodeck on Star Trek. We know the computor games we have now will continue to develop to give an evermore realistic experience. I believe that tech was perfected eons ago elsewhere (or elsewhen). I believe the "lives" we are living now are prerecordings providing a basic framework allowing a considerable degree of free choice. A learning/entertainment experience. How else would anyone know what was going to happen next if that information did not already exist? I've done it myself.
This can explain past lives/reincarnation memories which i have as well.

Man some really good stories on here!

When I was in highschool, my girlfriend, my best friend and I were out running around not doing anything in paticular. We agreed that we should go out to this old farmhouse that had been empty for YEARS. The story of the house gos that a farmer had built this house for his wife. years later they had children and were happy. The farmer came home one day and the kids were gone and the wife was crying. The farmer asked what was wrong and the wife says "Ive been cheating on you for years and just cant do this anymore" She wouldnt tell him where the kids were and he went crazy. He shot her and hung himself in the upstairs bedroom. The children were never found and prosumed dead.

When my girlfriend, my friend went in the house its was kinda creepy, nothing really bad. We were walking around and reached the upstairs and entered a bedroom. There was a noose hanging in the bedroom right ing the middle of the room. It got VERY cold in there and then my best friend looked at me and said " Do you feel what I feel?" and I said " I feel like someone is watching me." We then bolted out of the house, I dont hink my feet even touched the ground on the way down the stairs or on the way out. We had ran so fast out of the house that we had left my girlfriend in the house. My friend asked if I was going after her and I said, no way, Im not going back in there. She came out and slapped us both across the face.

CONT..... We went back about a week later and the house was gone, clear down to the foundation. There was a bridge that you had to cross to get to the house and it was gone as well. The thing is, the house and the bridge looked like they had been gone for more than a week, like years gone. I dont think the 3 of us ever talked about it again...

Used to happen to me A LOT, Deja Vue!! Not so much any more. Sometimes
I could allmost tell someone what they were about to say!! VERY weird feeling!!

Used to happen to me A LOT, Deja Vue!! Not so much any more. Sometimes
I could almost tell someone what they were about to say!! VERY weird feeling!!

It's weird. Sometimes I can have it happen a few times within a few months, then nothing for a long time.

I used to work for a small printing company in St Pete many years ago. A few years before I started there, the original owner of the business had hung (hanged? I never know which to use) himself in the press room on a Saturday night. The employees came in on Monday morning and found him. No one would ever work overtime alone because they said it would get cold in the building and they would hear noises and groans. We would come in some days and some of the printing jobs that were waiting for the bindery dept would be scattered about, things would go missing - tools, etc., the fork lift would be parked in a different place, stuff like that.

In the near future technology will give us virtual reality like the holodeck on Star Trek. We know the computor games we have now will continue to develop to give an evermore realistic experience. I believe that tech was perfected eons ago elsewhere (or elsewhen). I believe the "lives" we are living now are prerecordings providing a basic framework allowing a considerable degree of free choice. A learning/entertainment experience. How else would anyone know what was going to happen next if that information did not already exist? I've done it myself.
This can explain past lives/reincarnation memories which i have as well.

No offense intended Earthman, but maybe you should lay off the peyote. :D

Seriously though, your theory might have some merit. Deja vu, precognitive dreams or premonitions have to come from someplace, don't they? And what about psychics and mediums? Are they really "connected"? A higher level of consciousness?

Another story. When I was a boy I belonged to a scout group. Our leader was big into survival skills, and we used to go winter camping. Yes, winter camping in the snow and cold. :eek: On one of those excursions, the weather had turned for the worse, so we spent the night in a big old house that had been donated to the scouting organization. We soon found out why. (The place had a long history and was supposedly haunted. It was the home of a doctor and his wife, she died in the house and I guess she never left). Our entire group slept in the same big room because it had potbelly stove for heat. In the night, we could hear doors opening and closing, and footsteps on the stairs. Did I mention we were all in the same room? There was nobody else in the house, or on the property. Our leader's two dogs guarded the door all night, hair raised and teeth bared when the noises happened. I don't think anybody actually slept, I know I didn't.

I often think of that story when I hear the word "chilling". We got it both ways, cold and scared. :eek:

Sadie

My wife and I have lived in this house for 28 years. Many nights I start the night in my recliner, because of my back. Lifted too many heavy things. A lot of times something wakes me in the middle of the night. I get up and go to bed. The next morning, my wife will tell me she woke up because the bed was shaking, before I came in there. Sometimes I guess Sadie doesn't like classic rock, because I have been home alone and the music will turn off. Sadie is the lady (and her husband) that the house was built for. We are the only others to have lived here.

Yes e-man, I did read Don's story about the disappearing sign. Where did it go? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe aboard the Starship Enterprise?

Edited out by a guardian angel? Could be. Keeping your views on technology in mind, you could combine Google Earth and Photoshop. (Imagine the fun you could have with that). I think they've been testing a similar program in the Bermuda Triangle since 1950. :D

One more story. Although I have no personal experiences, I know many people who do. About an hour from me, there was an old hospital, a tuberculosis sanitarium to be exact. Through the 70's and 80's the facility was used for summer camps, and the stories have become local legend. Here's a couple excerpts from an article I read.

"During the hospital's years in operation an average of 40 patients died per day. If no family could be found the bodies were buried in the back hills with no marker".

"Apparitions of a nurse nicknamed "nurse Jane" is still seen wandering the halls and grounds, disembodied voices, phantom footsteps, reports of hearing your name called, apparitions of former patients, ghosts seen staring out of mirrors, feelings of being watched and not wanted, light anomalies, phantom mists, feelings of being choked and the sounds of wheelchairs still rolling through the hallways."

Sounds like a great place to send your kids, huh?

Here's a link I stumbled on when I looked up the place mentioned above.

http://www.hauntednorthamerica.com/top25intheworld.htm

My grandpa's house was haunted. Used to be the old schoolhouse outside of Webbers falls, Oklahoma. It was wild. At one point in its history, it had an outhouse. Certain times of evening if you were in the back yard by the storm cellar, you could see a lady come off the back porch. She would walk across the lawn to where the outhouse used to be. Open the door and slowly vanish into it. Late at night you could hear couples arguing. The house liked my grandpa. Nothing ever bothered him there. When he died in February of 1980, my uncle rented the place out but no one could stay very long. It got creepy. All the trees in the yard died. And soon the house just burned down. It was like it didnt want anyone else in it. Now its a cow field. Even the cows wont graze to close to the old foundation. I drive by whenever I go back to Oklahoma and just sit for awhile and look at the place.

My favorite... beautiful ghost story could be a good not too scary kids movie

You guys HAVE to read Michael Talbot's book THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE
he dies several years after writing this book and if you read and understand you'll see it was a miracle gift that he was able to write and publish this book before he died.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=59223213350926692

Yes e-man, I did read Don's story about the disappearing sign. Where did it go? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe aboard the Starship Enterprise?

Edited out by a guardian angel? Could be. Keeping your views on technology in mind, you could combine Google Earth and Photoshop. (Imagine the fun you could have with that). I think they've been testing a similar program in the Bermuda Triangle since 1950. :D

One more story. Although I have no personal experiences, I know many people who do. About an hour from me, there was an old hospital, a tuberculosis sanitarium to be exact. Through the 70's and 80's the facility was used for summer camps, and the stories have become local legend. Here's a couple excerpts from an article I read.

"During the hospital's years in operation an average of 40 patients died per day. If no family could be found the bodies were buried in the back hills with no marker".

"Apparitions of a nurse nicknamed "nurse Jane" is still seen wandering the halls and grounds, disembodied voices, phantom footsteps, reports of hearing your name called, apparitions of former patients, ghosts seen staring out of mirrors, feelings of being watched and not wanted, light anomalies, phantom mists, feelings of being choked and the sounds of wheelchairs still rolling through the hallways."

Sounds like a great place to send your kids, huh?

Here's a link I stumbled on when I looked up the place mentioned above.

http://www.hauntednorthamerica.com/top25intheworld.htm

Funny you should mention the Sanitorium Doc. I grew up near Waverly Sanitorium, over 62,000 people died there over the years! It is supposed to be one of, if not the most haunted places in America!!
As kids we would sneak up there at night, I never really had too many experiences but I know many who did!
I know people who saw shadow people, half body aperitions, and many more things!!
There have been documentery's and movies made there, believe me when I tell you it is a VERY strange place!!

Latest posts

Back