What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I agree, get all that injection stuff off of there and make your life a whole lot easier. :D

I'm there with Don... made the LT1 in my Nova carbed & no probs ever. Still fighting the EFI LS1 in my panel truck. One more try to fix that & then a carb will be on top!!! Most people don't realize GM put anti-theft stuff in those computers & flashing that out can be a pain as well as other stuff... no thanks! I know some people can do it but I'm not one of them. Gimme a carbed motor... ANY day!!! :eek:

BoB

I say leave the EFI. Granted the TPI crs ran on atari pong speed but in the end you can do way more with the EFI stuff.

Got my dash switches mounted, trans cooler lines ran, fuel system plumbed and battery/switch and cables made up and installed.

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
Bob, I am like you, injection and computers are like Greek to me. Some years ago we installed an injected motor into a Mustang my Son Don had which was previously carbureted. We got every bit of electronics, all the correct wiring harnesses, and every little piece, but it would not run right. I spent literally days and days at the library making copies of schematics out of motor manuals, and tracing every wire and connection.

Finally, we just took it to a local garage who knows this stuff and he called later and said "You did everything right but it wouldn't run because the injectors were all plugged." :eek: With a carb I can look down the throat and see if it is getting gas. :D

Don

Wow, I thought more would be on board with it, no biggie though :D
I've been a carb man all my life, can tune them with the best, just thought it time I done something different :)
May hate myself later [ddev

Sat..Helped the wife take down Christmas stuff....

Helped the son take down the Xmas lights off the house..been in the high 40's low 50's and sunshine...figured it's now or never.......decided to start work on the air lines in the barn....now the air system is disabled for a bit...
:(......Sunday, made the Motorcity Swap Meet...seemed better this year...maybe just me....over priced for the most part....a few good buys.....bought some tripple relay's and harnesses, need it for the fuel pump and fan on the Thing...bought a couple extra "just in case" and bought a crap ton of Body shop supplies....had a decent deal on PSA and board paper....also got some filler for cheap....25 bucks for 3 gallons of 3M dynalite filler.....good for the base stuff....guy was a bit miffed when I asked to open the cans and check the condition...just in case...they were good, I was happy....also got some USC product that they took off the market because the maker of Rage sued them....they called it Fury.....got a couple cans of that as it seems to be even lighter and looks like it will spread like Rage...we'll see....[P Worked on the air system again on Sunday....then needed to spend a few hours with the wife...there you have my weekend.....

Weekend?

Spent the weekend cuttin' stuff out from under my COE in preparation to mount the cab. Got to get some of the sub-structure out of the way so I can get the cab LOW, LOW, LOW!!!:cool:

BTW, put me down on the carb list. I took the fuel injection stuff off the 87 E150 motor and chassis I'm putting the COE (Buford) on.:D

I'm still on the weekend that started 12-1-11, If I don't get some cash soon I'm going to run out of things to work on and I'll have to get a real job again:D

Weekend work

Got the doors hung after replacing the hinges that were missing when I bought the body.

Attachments

• hanging doors 001.jpg
    hanging doors 001.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
  • hanging doors 002.jpg
    hanging doors 002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • hanging doors 003.jpg
    hanging doors 003.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20
Finally got around to repainting my trailer last weekend.

Used the old Dodge to move it around and even towed it for a hot lap around the block to see how well it pulled it :)

IMG_0503.jpg

Weekends...

Last weekend was all doubles at work. Worked on stuff during the week, so now (Sunday) I am unmotivated to do anything, except finally get back on RRR.

440shorty

Actually got into the barn for a few hours...

Shaved the door handles on the doors..in between other minor honey do projects.....trying to figure out what I'm doing with the grill.....trying to get most of the body crap done so I can put the bed back on and hange the doors and get the door frames back on....that is my plan for the hours before work this week...:D

Attachments

• Shaving doors 2.jpg
    Shaving doors 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Shaving doors 1.jpg
    Shaving doors 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
Finally the end is site for the motor transplant in the Earthmobile. Have put 95% of the switches, guages and wires in or under the floor. Started the motor for the first time in months Sunday. Moving toward the back half to install the open drive kit, heat and bend the stock radius rods out to attach under the frame. Wouldn't it be nice to find a driveshaft just the right length.

We had a weekend??? LOL!!! Went waaaayyyyy to fast for me, I did manage to pump about a gallon of gas onto the floor after gettin my fuel supply line hooked to pump. FYI- if there's another fitting on the pump (not the one to carb), but 2 actual hose barbs on the pump, hook em up to something!!! I never hooked the "return" line up and guess what...as soon as the engine started and ran for a minute I hear " Ahhh dad, ahhhh dad!!! Theres gas puking all over the floor". Ran real good tho and sounded awesome...

All we have been doing every weekend lately is putting miles on my Son's rpu and my 27. He is trying to rack up as many miles as possible to break in the new motor (plus he is having a blast driving it :D) and I tag along, following him in my 27. Went to a car show Saturday, uncorked my headers and it was fun driving in, making like Milner. :cool:

I think he is going to work on his new headers this coming weekend because all the driving at about 8 mpg is kinda breaking him a little.:eek:

Don

Went to a car show. Picked up my HD Aermachi Sprint SS350 from my buddy who brought it back from Vegas for me. Charged the battery, it started right up and drove it around until I ran out of gas. Walked home and got my truck and went back and picked it up.

Moved cars around in the shop so I could start back to work on the Studebaker. Tried to clean/organize the shop but just ended up moving stuff from one pile/corner to another. :confused:

Visited my daughter a few hours away on Sat...

Sunday I did a few things on the Thing....picked up a few new goodies....I'll post them in the appropriate locations..:D then went in for the Super bowl and a party with some friends and family......

Latest posts

Back