1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didnt get any pics today. worked long and got home and started to bleed the brake lines. have 2 leaks, both at the 2 and 10lb residual valves. got the front one fixed, still have to finish the rear. also got the the wiring harness inside the car finished. all i need to finish wiring is the head lights, power for the distributer and alt.

got to make a low mount bracket for the alt as well. go pedal stand and linkage and finish front turn signals and mount them.

need radiator hoses, 1/8"x1"x1" sq tubing to finish the doors, front windshield, need to make a template for glass cutters.

this weekend/ (friday) plan is to get it finished wired up and checked, fix leak on rear brake line, start it and recheck brakes. try out old tranny and motor and see if my creation moves on its own power and stops safely.

Wow! Thats rough! Lol![cl

But yet, still no picture :(

didnt get any pics today. worked long and got home and started to bleed the brake lines. have 2 leaks, both at the 2 and 10lb residual valves. got the front one fixed, still have to finish the rear. also got the the wiring harness inside the car finished. all i need to finish wiring is the head lights, power for the distributer and alt.

got to make a low mount bracket for the alt as well. go pedal stand and linkage and finish front turn signals and mount them.

need radiator hoses, 1/8"x1"x1" sq tubing to finish the doors, front windshield, need to make a template for glass cutters.

this weekend/ (friday) plan is to get it finished wired up and checked, fix leak on rear brake line, start it and recheck brakes. try out old tranny and motor and see if my creation moves on its own power and stops safely.

I'm really looking forward to getting to this point on mine; you must be pumped to hear that beast fire up! [ddev

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :D

just got finished with work. waiting for momma to finish dinner (like i need it, lol) then im off to do it. i will have pictures posted by morning. if everything goes like planned i might have a short video tomorrow afternoon, i hope lol.

just got finished with work. waiting for momma to finish dinner (like i need it, lol) then im off to do it. i will have pictures posted by morning. if everything goes like planned i might have a short video tomorrow afternoon, i hope lol.

ok this isnt going to happen tonight, im to tired.

but i did get pics of the front head lights just for you guys. the lights are wired in and working.

hlights002.jpg

hlights004.jpg

hell yea, im pumped now it moves on its own power and stops. i was going to get a video but it is 8:30 pm when i brought it out of the garage. i still have work to do but i think it will move along alot faster now since im so close to hitting the open road.

heres the front turn signals.

ligh002.jpg

ligh003.jpg

ligh005.jpg

well heres where im at. as of now. i made the turn outs/ cherry bomb configuration this morning. started on the go pedal but havent finished it yet, using the 14 ga wire to the carb trick right now. after 6 trips to autozone, advanced then napa i finialy got a belt that goes from the water pump to crank. still have some work to do but im really happy to put this olds back on the road, its been sitting for 61 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iT1cCzVIw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjnp4fuP0ho

thanks guys.

far from done or let alone get on the street. i just had that drive it bug. now im really pumped to get the doors done and a couple small things. i will drive it daily and work on it.

Thats great,must be nice to get it driving .That will really boost the motivation to work on it and get it done.Looks very cool.Wish I was at that point.

wow looks great, congrats on the great looking rod...

you built it quick too, im so slow...

doors are on, framed and latched with a driver side mirror. its starting to get cold quick around here for me. i want to spend the rest of the good weather days drive my ride. i will finish it in the winter and start on my 41 chevy 1.5 ton, i have a bet on my truck, needs to be ready by march 20'th, for a buck lol.

yo001.jpg

yo004.jpg

yo005.jpg

some random pics. i get the tranny back tomorrow so that will be the job of the day. a little side project will be finish fitting my windshield template with the rubber. hope to have that done as well so i can drop it off friday to get cut.

yo006.jpg

yo007.jpg

yo010.jpg

yo008.jpg

oh, i forgot, i need to get the alt mounted and wired up as well. then get plates and insurance so i can drive it.

Latest posts

Back