1st build, 1933 olds rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, heres some updated pics. the first pic is the supports for the toe board.

second pic is my brake linkage from pedal to booster.

3rd and 4th pics are of my turn signal. i bought 2 of these skulls at the flee market for $5 a pair. i ordered 2 amber led 1157 bulbs and 2 bases for $17, shipping was rough from that place. this is what they will look like finished. something different, out of the box, kids will cry, lol.

yepp012.jpg

yepp011.jpg

yepp010.jpg

yepp007.jpg

video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwiqyzBwEOI

Meant to say something earlier you may want to think about putting a plate (removable) under you're M/C to prtect it from road debris. Wouldn't be good to have it knocked loose. Just a thought.

rainman, i plan on welding a solid skid plate under the booster so nothing happens to it.

never thought about one on the m/c side, but that wouldnt be a problem either. ill do that when the body comes off, thanks.

fleebay score's

well, back at the ebay again.

got me a early 30's caddy hood ornament and some ford headlight.

BzTMjiQEWkKGrHqEOKjkEMkZriyBMVcb1uWR_12.jpg

BzSjrZgCGkKGrHqZjoEw5N3DToGBMVbBJe-0_12.jpg

well i can do to much with my broken collar bone, but its just killing me that im sitting in the house with a rat rod to build.

so i desided to do something that i might be able to handle. what we have here is a 1968 camaro gauge pod, i just like the looks of the gauges. plus for $50 shipped it was alot cheaper than some new 5" gauges.

i knew i would have to widen the pod so i cut it in half, welded on some side plates to keep the night time lights bright. then a test fit. i have to do some work on the dash itself, but i had to quit because of pain i have.

heres some pics and what it will look like when its done.

dash001.jpg

dash002.jpg

dash003.jpg

dash004.jpg

parts

nice looking headlights and guage panel, l hope your'e feeling better.

l had a ceramic skull about the size of an adults head back in the late 70's that was a third brake light in the back window of my 1966 chevelle 2 door post. lost it some time in the 90's when l moved to the house we're in now. darn, l really wish l could find it!

that intake extender looks cool, how much torque and bottom -end power would ya lose using something like that? the 455's are torqe mosnters, so you may be able to get away running it since the car is lighter it's pushing than the donor car. ya might be OK with that style of carb set-up. how will that affect the air cleanr clearance on parts around it?

Later:cool:

that intake extender looks cool, how much torque and bottom -end power would ya lose using something like that? the 455's are torqe mosnters, so you may be able to get away running it since the car is lighter it's pushing than the donor car. ya might be OK with that style of carb set-up. how will that affect the air cleanr clearance on parts around it?

Later:cool:

from what i heard it would add bottom end power. im not looking for more power as it sits, just something different.

i think it would look cool with the carb hanging out in space past the pass side of the motor. the air cleaner would be fine.

well this part of the job did some damage to me. i was bending a piece of 1/8" round stock in the vise. i was using both arms. this round bar came for my extra 41 chevy truck hood, it had to be harden for the hood latch. long story short. i bent the radius i needed and tacked it to the metal. then i cut it off to do another bend. i got close to one of my tacks, pull with good and bad arm to do an even bend but a tighter radius. the damn thing broke and i felt pain. had a xray at the dr the following day for a check up and my broken bones moved, to the point im going to have to get the knife, sucks.

but on a plus note, i worked on the dash some more. i fixed the 1 bad spot. fitted, mounted the gauges and key. i still need to fix a spot under the glove box and make a glove box door. im using old iron so it matches up as close as posiable.

let me know what ya think.

awh001.jpg

awh002.jpg

awh006.jpg

well thank you.

i thought 68 camaro gauges would be the ticket. its still cheaper that new aftermarket gauges and hoping some 30's gauges work.

to each his own.

easy, big fella

well this part of the job did some damage to me. . the thing broke and i felt pain. had aX-ray at the dr the following day for a check up and get my broken bones moved, to the point im going to have to get the knife, sucks.QUOTE]

settle down. at this rate of damage to yer body, ya keep up the pace yer
going ya may not live long enough to complete the car:D

on the plus side, the work look great.

serously, please take care of your'e self. we only get on shot at lt and from personall experience, living in pain every day sucks too.

later:cool:

well after reading about ppl wishing they didnt close in there glove box. i desided to make a door and fix the bottom of the dash. i was quite suprized how well it came out. just another thing done. tomorrow ill get some hinges and finish it up.

glovebox001.jpg

glovebox003.jpg

glovebox012.jpg

glovebox008.jpg

glovebox015.jpg

well got some more done that last couple of days. whats the point to have a glove box with out a box. its not super huge, 5" deap. should get something thrown in there

gbox001.jpg

gbox003.jpg

gbox004.jpg

went to summit today to get some parts. so i could start building the lake headers. i got both sides fabbed for the back 3 cylinders. i still have to cut the other meg. tomorrow i hope to have them both tacked and or welded.

gbox006.jpg

gbox007.jpg

gbox008.jpg

gbox010.jpg

well heres a project i had to do for work, but since i got hurt i had to put it off. i asked my neighbor to give me a hand. so his dad, him and myself got this done for me. so that took a good day and a half.

i did get back to work on the lake headers today. 1 side is 90% done, pass side is about 50% done. i need to cut it down just a tad and it will be fine. i also have to get more mixed gas for the welder, im just about out.

well heres some pics from today.

exhau001.jpg

exhau002.jpg

exhau005.jpg

exhau009.jpg

Latest posts

Back