dodge truck chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

got this dodge in the shop, for a 4 inch hair cut. here is the good stuff

as it came in

DSCN4798.jpg

DSCN4799.jpg

all laid out for the chop

DSCN4802.jpg

DSCN4803.jpg

chopping

DSCN4804.jpg

getting the roof to fit back up

DSCN4808.jpg

DSCN4809.jpg

DSCN4810.jpg

laid to section the roof

DSCN4811.jpg

i like. i like bro hey what size are those rims and what size tire is that. thanks bro. keep up the good work [P

Very nice work..I've never done a chop, but plan on my first this winter..is the piece you have clico'd in place under the original roof going to stay or is that just for fitment? I was thinking about doing something something similiar with a strip of aluminum for a backer so I could weld from the top and not stick to the aluminum, ya know to help fill in the gaps:D:D

thanks,
Tim

Tim the piece clecod in is there for fitment. Be care full if you use aluminum to back it it can still stick and then will be a pain to get off.

Flipper I curl my relief cuts in the corners because it helps to expand or shining the entire corner with no bumps or anything

thanks for the info, I really like how you do those relief cuts too..

pretty much every night i walk past my truck and want to go grab the sawzall and get to work, but then I chicken out.:D

thanks for the info, I really like how you do those relief cuts too..

pretty much every night i walk past my truck and want to go grab the sawzall and get to work, but then I chicken out.:D

lol go for it bro im sure she wanting a new hair cut hehe:D

some updates, got everything pretty much tacked in place, started on working out some of the dents, but need to order a new shrinking wheel. here are the pics

DSCN4819.jpg

DSCN4820.jpg

DSCN4821.jpg

DSCN4828.jpg

took it out side for a good view

DSCN4826.jpg

DSCN4824.jpg

DSCN4827.jpg

DSCN4825.jpg

some of the dent removal and metal finishing

before
DSCN4822.jpg